My G500 mouse is missing left clicks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hi everyone, recently I replaced my good old Logitech G5 mouse because it was missing or skipping left clicks. :eek: Since this is my fire button on all my fps games I had to replace it.

I got a G500 only a few months a ago and now it is not registering sometimes when I left click. Like I shoot my flak gun, and it shoots, then I click for a second shot of flak, and it does nothing. It's driving me crazy....and getting me killed. :mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know what would cause this?

If I can't fix it, I guess I'm going to have to try a different a different mouse brand, after all these years of loyalty to Logitech, but it seems like I'm cursed.

Thanks for any help you can offer at all, Prozac :)

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
It sounds like you're just cursed, but you should be able to get logitech to replace it for free. It's not a design flaw I've ever heard of, so it seems like it boils down to your bad voodoo, which I'm sure that you do so well.

~Jason

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Actually, my Logitech VX Revolution started missing clicks too. But I had had it for so long I couldn't go through Logitech.
But yeah only solution I found was to replace it. AGAIN in your case.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
I'm thinking of switching to Razer or Steel Series mice just to see if they will not skip clicks.

Any suggestions? I'm sick of my Logitech mice doing this.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Is it possible that the problem is not with the mouse, but with the usb ports on my motherboard?

I mean I've used two different mice (G5 and G500) plugged into the usb ports and both eventually started skipping.

On my old computer I used my G5 without it ever skipping. Just in case, here is a link to my mobo, if anyone wants to look at the specs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131381

I really appreciate all the help.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I had the described issues with Mx-518 a long time ago, but with right button. Same happened to my then clanmate who changed Mx-300 every two weeks through warranty. My Mx went down after 6 months (the warranty term was just 6 months, from seller, Logitech provided no warranty here) and I had to check myself what was the reason. So I took the mouse apart and saw that the reason was poor soldering of the switch that register clicks to the circuit board. Switch has 3 contacts and one of them that is used when button is pressed would not contact the board. It works at the beginning, but if you click a lot, the pressure on the switch finally causes solder to give way and switch loses contact.

And just in case, here's a comparison shot of original Mx500 and first generation of Mx518:
[screenshot]http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9402/mx518mx500.jpg[/screenshot]

Notice the quality of the circuit boards.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
It sounds like you're just cursed, but you should be able to get logitech to replace it for free.
Easily. I believe all Logitech mice have a 3-year warranty

That's how I got my G500 after my G5 crapped out. Was still under warranty but the G5 was discontinued

If/When you try Logitech CS, they'll ask you to try different USB ports and on someone else's computer, maybe even reinstall SetPoint