Looking for a guy...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
I saw a guy a here advertising his UDK scenes for a few bucks.
I tried to search for it, but didn't find... He stated he had a good experience with UDK, but somebody pulled his scenes down.
He had some page on the web showing off his creations.
I remember some kind of "Fallout" or "Lost city" "Apocalyptic scene" or something like those.

MakeMeUnreal

Oct 6, 2012
Hungary
[GU]elmur_fud;2596679 said:
That crap looks like really bad source mod levels with stock UT3 assets. He didn't even model anything... If you pay for that crap you better get to make out with him... Or a glad hand or something.

No, I won't.
I just wonder how much money can somebody earn by trading assets etc...
:D

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I hear you can meet guys really easily on Craigslist.

you can even meet guys who pretend they're girls.
how cool is that?

1253637441-admiral_ackbar.jpg

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
$4 is probably a reasonable price considering the length of time that's gone into them. Consider that a decent level designer can make $16-20 an hour, this would equate to 10-15 minutes work...

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
$4 is probably a reasonable price considering the length of time that's gone into them. Consider that a decent level designer can make $16-20 an hour, this would equate to 10-15 minutes work...

Most of that 10-15 minutes is loading the editor and build time.

No, I won't.
I just wonder how much money can somebody earn by trading assets etc...
:D

Given the eula of the UDK and its licensing terms/methods I find what he is doing dubious. Though given how little money is changing hands I'd guess he wouldn't rate more then a cease and desist letter.

Asset trading wise, one only has to look at the scale of ventures such as turbosquid.com to realize that there is money to be made there. All aspects of game dev can be sold as stock, the trick is getting it to your target market and pricing it well enough. It is usually the smaller fledgling studios and indie devs, were there isn't always someone in house to make all custom assets, that go for this sort of thing. Typically they don't have allot of cash to throw around so the price point can easily make or break you itself.

Last edited: