UE3 - General I have some questions about unreal modding:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Feb 3, 2010
so I have some ideas for a mod and from looking around at existing mods and mutators for various versions of ut I can see that many parts of the mod I wish to create have already been done by modders.
is it possible to simply decompile some of my favourite mods and create something which brings all the parts I need together? also some of the mods are for various different versions of ut ,now as far as I know integrating the script from different unreal engine versions would be very difficult if not impossible but would it be easy to rewrite mods in newer versions of the engine from analysing and examining what's already been done?

Feb 3, 2010
If the source is not included you'd have to contact the authors of the mods and ask them if they still have it.
You should probably ask them anyways before you use their work.

yea I was planning on contacting the authors. just really wanted to know of the feasibility of doing it and how difficult it would be to accomplish if it was beyond my skill level then it might not be worth me going ahead with the mod by myself.

Feb 3, 2010
yea I was thinking it probably wouldnt be able used for unreal 2.0 since they added and changed the structure around with how the coding needs to be programmed between versions right?

but... is there any similar tool which does the same thing as kismet (not kismet,another program) which people can use for unreal engine2?