help me...i need static meshes! :D lol

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chryptorchild

Chryptorchild
Mar 6, 2006
heya, well im kinda new to mapping in UT 2004 but i am working on a map now that is based on the inside of a computer..but i have got NO knowledge on creating static meshes...so if anyone could help would you pleeease create these 2 meshes for me? :D here are a few pics of what i need;

P4240006.jpg

P4240008.jpg

P4240014.jpg

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
you know... i am afraid that nobody will spend time doing meshes for a map that is not his own unless you have something to give in exchange?

You know we usually try to help each other here but about your request, since you are pretty new to mapping, chances are that we might work for nothing.... sorry about being sceptical ;)

Chryptorchild

Chryptorchild
Mar 6, 2006
blueyes- yeah i know what you mean really, an i dunno what i COULD offer in return :hmm: lol ive been tryin to get into map editing an such, but have never really had any ideas, an was just using video tutoials to get used to the editor...i can do most of the things i would need to so my map looks right....its just that ive never really tried making meshes lol

ok so ill rephrase my question...does anyone know of any good programs/tutorial sites for creating static meshes? because i guess that it WOULD be a good thing to be able to do if i want to start making maps ^_^ lmao :D

Last edited:

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
If you have the video tutorials that came with the UT2004 DVD, then you also have video tutorials on making your own meshes, along with the program to do so. Maya PLE is the program, it's on the DVD, and the VTMs for creating meshes are also on the DVD. You can also check the site for the people who made the VTM - 3DBuzz.com as they may have more tutorials for you too.

But don't neglect the wiki either. :)

Chryptorchild

Chryptorchild
Mar 6, 2006
thanks for the site blueyes, ill look at that cos i dont think ive saw that one lol... and ArcadiaVincennes, the video tutorials i got werent from the Unreal dvd, they were off the 3dbuzz website but i dont think i actually got one from there on creating meshes so ill have a look there too :lol: thanks for all the help everyone :D i will post back sometime when ive finished the map with some screenshots (could take a while cos of sixth form work lol)

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
i just had a look at your site Arcadia. Wow! CONGRATS for your skills and the nice maps you are making :tup:
God... i wish i had more time to map again :rolleyes:

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Chryptorchild: 3DBuzz did tutorials on Maya PLE as well so you should definately find something at their website. Good luck.

BlueEyes: Erm, thanks! Been working hard at it. :) Wish I had more time too. ;)

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Screw the video tutorials, worry about making a plain ol BSP (all brushes) first.
then, start fooling around with staticmeshes,then to make them you can right click a brush and make it a mesh.
But for mesh stuff youl need to learn either maya or 3dmax to make accurate and usable and good looking meshes.
So start with a map not worry about meshes.