Godspeed Voyager

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected

Exactly. Maybe there is no means of traveling beyond the speed of light, so no aliens get very far. Billions of years later the voyager gets pulled into another solar system where there are aliens (that maybe have colonized their local system but not much else) happen to notice it. Unlikely? Yes. But again, this probe will be drifting out there for a looooooong time. Like a message in a bottle. Maybe it will break completely, maybe it will get pulled into a planet in Alpha Centuri.

Or, on the other hand, these aliens may be so intelligent that they look at us like ants. We cannot really perceive their presence the same way an ant cannot perceive us. They may notice us but not even care to bother. They may even build an intergalactic highway right through out planet Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy style, just as we plow asphalt roads through dirt and ant colonies. So the Voyager probe may be like ant or termite crawling into somebody's house; the owner of the house then finds the source of the infestation into his/her house and removes it. IE the voyager may be the beginning of our destruction if aliens think we are simply an infestation.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I find the fact that it's got as far as it has without some major malfunction quite incredible and the distances covered I just can't really comprehend.
Of course the craft could just drift through interstellar space for eternity without any contact whatsoever & when the power fades away from this thing it'll probably be undetectable anyway.
The chances of someone or something snapping this up in space I think is extremely remote.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I find the fact that it's got as far as it has without some major malfunction quite incredible and the distances covered I just can't really comprehend.
Of course the craft could just drift through interstellar space for eternity without any contact whatsoever & when the power fades away from this thing it'll probably be undetectable anyway.
The chances of someone or something snapping this up in space I think is extremely remote.
Word.... space is vast from what I have heard.

Thanks Voyager; you really rocked my heliosphere.