UE2 - UT2kX Exporting TexEnvMap/Shaders?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi all,

I am trying to export either a Shader or a TexEnvMap and I get the "Select a Texture First" window.

They are in a texture file (.utx) and I only need the selected Shader etc and not want to keep the rest of the Textures.

Apart from deleting approx 50 other textures from the pack/file and saving it as another .utx I cannot find a way around this.

Are shader/TexEnvMap 'textures' literally stuck to that certain .utx file or can they be exported?

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Only "Texture" objects really contain pixel data, so only they can be exported. All other materials combine and modify textures and only contain parameter data for these operations. While there is a well-hidden way to batch-export them (along with literally everything else in the package) in a text format, it is not really useful, because UnrealEd provides no way to import this kind of export again.

If you want to copy or move non-texture materials, use the appropriate Rename or Duplicate commands in the Texture Browser.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Eventually after many hours/days/years of trying to export them I re-named the some of the original UT2k4 .utx files (shaders etc) and deleted the ones I didn't want.

I added my new textures to that 'borrowed' file and changed the original texture to mine...the shiny ones basically...I am not a Texture artist and found this worked for me.

The properties I changed in "rename" but thats not a problem.. I just called them "OC17" now.