Doom 3 -ish Maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Well I'm not suggesting anyone to play Doom 3. An idea just came through my mind as I was playing the game.

Some of you may say "Why don't you play Doom 3 instead?" but that's obviously a wrong answer.

My suggestion for maps are one's that are dark, ominous, cold-as-steel, and fairly unique in architecture.

The elements I just want to see in at least one map is not the Doomish feel but the "Wow, what the heck happened here?" feel. Maps that appear dark, lonely, half-dismantled, and bleak.

Some straight things I could suggest are:
-lots of flickering and broken lights
-many dark spots
-poor lighting (colorful still)
-solid metal textures
-additional geometry decorations like sealed hallways and metal tiles coming off the floor or even maybe a whole bunch of large mutated evil blood vessels on the walls or floors
-dark colored fog. Yeah! That's the ticket! The fog!

Look, someone could be impressed if someone uses these map elements.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Well 1 problem is when you make a multiplayer map people don't want to be fumbling around in the dark. Completely ruins the gameplay, even if it does have good atmosphere.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... also, yes you ARE wanting doom-ish maps, because besides that DM-Chimera, DM-Imago, DM-Timecrash and others DO offer that "what the sh1t happened to my room while i wen't kitchen?" -type of setting... i support your idea though. I wan't scary maps. Good ones. (not necessarily dark all around)(or red-lit :p )...