UE1 - UT Connecting Waterzones?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
I don't recall if there is a way to do this or not, but can waterzones of different shapes be connected together somehow, or does it have to be just one big waterzone?

For example, if I have water in one area of a map that I want to connect to water in another area further away. But the entry point to the water in the far away part is higher than the entry point of the closer one such that it would extend to other parts of the map where I don't want water.

Hopefully this makes sense. I tried just building them separately and connecting them, but of course it's not liking it.

water-question.gif

Blue is where water should be, but I don't want it to be where the red arrow is.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You can separate the areas using an invisible ZonePortal sheet so that the WaterZoneInfo won't affect the part you don't want water on.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
You can also create sheets in the 2d shape editor if you don't want to be limited to square sheets

War_Master

May 27, 2005
So yeah I'm pretty much an idiot and didn't realize I could just use sheets instead of cubes for my waterzones. Sheet on one pool, sheet on the other, wz in between, viola. Still a noob in some areas I guess. At least it's purty so far...

arches.gif

Don't worry, that's why I'm here for... Old Skool Playa :)