Changed something in BIOS and computer won't start anymore.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Justing

Mapper|CorelDraw9Artist|B etaTester
Hi all,
I tried to change the videoram in the bios settings but couldn't find it.
So I used the ''set best preformance settings'' thingy, and now my computer won't reboot anymore.
It says that theres an error in the operating system o_0.
Quite weird lol.
So yeah, Any idea how I can fix this? without reformatting my computer? XD
thankyou in advance.

WaitForTheRain

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I'm not an expert at playing with BIOS settings but I had a similar problem while installing another harddrive a while ago. For some reason windows had made a 4GB blank drive the boot drive rather than the large drive that I installed windows on, so I had to check all the drives ect. Did you by any chance change any of the boot setting?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Try using the option in the BIOS to set things to defaults, or fail-safe defaults if you have them.

If those don't work, there's probably a jumper on the board to reset things to factory defaults.

If neither of those work, hold F8 while the system is POSTing and try to boot Windows in safe mode.

If none of these work... reinstall Windows. :p

Last edited:

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Reset the bios. You can even clear it via the motherboard jumper if you have to. Read your mobo's manual.