Battle Royale mod idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
I had an idea for a mod based on the film Battle Royale. It would be a variation on LMS. The difference is there would be a time limit and if there were more than two people still alive everyone blows up. Just like the film. Also at the begining, when everyone spawns would be given a random weapon. There could also be the BRII mode where everyone has to work in teams of two. If one of the pair dies the other blows up to. It would be good to include some melee weapons in it, make the random weapon thing more random. Could be good this. I cant code for Unreal or I would have started this already. It could be done in any UT, 99/2K3/2K4.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Interesting idea. I saw something written about BR or something new to do with BR the other day. Must try and find it again...

Considering the type of artwork/art direction involved in BR (the film) UT2K4 would probably be a more appropriate platform.

Beware of copyright issues.....

Last edited:

Uncle_Bob

Sympathy for Mr. Vengance
Apr 12, 2004
www.naliclan.tk
Manticore said:
Interesting idea. I saw something written about BR or something new to do with BR the other day. Must try and find it again...

Considering the type of artwork involved in BR UT2K4 would probably be a more appropriate platform.

Beware of copyright issues.....

Yeah it would probably be best in 2K4. About the copyright, you would need to directly link it to the film it could just use the same 'idea', it really sucks that you could be stopped from doing a fan thing like this for a game. A mod which is free and you cant profit from, what is wrong with that. There are countless starwars mods and things. Its getting stupid, like the way the morrowind LOTR mod was stopped.

Anyway I hope someone would be able to take this idea up. I'm dying to make a map for it. :)