Make music? What you need

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Read this for official info about music in the Unreal engine; strait from da man, Alexander Brandon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trackers (any one of the following will do):
MODPlug tracker (I personally recommend this one)
Impulse Tracker
FastTracker2
Scream Tracker
Mad Tracker
these are the most pop trackers, here's a list of more.
and some dos trackers, if your into that sort of thing
:rolleyes:
After that you need to get some samples. Use GOOGLE. Make your own or whatever. Just make sure you read the usage terms if you use samples off any sites. Look through some of the large tracker sites, they have plent of links to sample sites in there. btw:it's ok to "rip" samples from other ppl's mods but never rip patterns.
Sound Editors: If you use a PC you already have MS Sound Recorder. Cool Edit 2k is a great, free editor.
I think thats everything you need, besides a little creativity:p

Last edited:

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Impulse Tracker 0wnz j00. Unfortunately I can't use it right now because my sound-card is utter cack and doesn't have proper DOS support.

So now I'm trying to get the hang of Modplug... it's got a better user interface, but I keep finding myself using the IT keyboard shortcuts and things, and they don't work :)