Official "Honor a UT2K3 BuF'er" Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
I was chatting with Brizz last night and was thinking that we really do have a lot of good people in this community, and on every weekend we all get together and play for fun and fellowship, win or lose. So I thought I'd start the Official "Honor a UT2K3 BuF'er" Thread. (NOTE - I've placed this in the UT2K3 thread because I'd like to keep it to the di-hard UT2K3 players and those who frequent this room).

The thought - mention a BuF that you feel is an asset to this community and explain why you're glad they are here. Try to keep it to one name, though I know I could probably name at least a dozen myself. You can honor them for just about anything - a great player, their contributions to the forums, their insightful post, or just a swell person.

Remember, this thread is intended for to honor your fellow BuFer's for making a great community even better.

I'll start off with an obvious one, Rev_Whoopass. He continually sets the standard in skill and ability, all while motivating the rest of us to strive to be better. He's a fellow family man that has his priorities straight. He's one of the better players on BuF, but he's the last one to point it out. He usually dominates the map when he plays, but quite often holds back so as not to discourage others. When we think we've come close to his abilities, he unleashes a little more, and then teaches those who wish to improve. And all in all, he seems to be a pretty good guy.

Next?

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Arg! I wanna toast everyone! Don't make me pick just one!

Okay, well, how 'bout Renegade_Retard? ;) He's the most cheerful of everyone playing, and keeps that upbeat personality even with the ribbing he gets from all of the situations that his poor connection puts him in. He plays for FUN and doesn't give up when his connection poops out. :)

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
dang just ONE!?!?

ok, my pick is TWD, He has done a complete turn around since being here... he has learned a lot and gone from weird stalker to becoming a very valuable member of this community. He is always full of ideas and suggestions (many of them good ones:Example Example Example I'd link to more, but many were lost in the BuF crash). So, here's to TWD. (no, I still won't cuddle with you)

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Webby : for setting up the server and reeling peeps in, if he didn't do that we really wouldn't have TS :tup:

DaBeatard : for hosting/linking all the stuff :tup:

SpineBlaze : hookin us up with TS :tup:

And everyone that shows up for FragBU. :D

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yes, but absolutely none of this would have been possible without webslinger. I have been trying to get a fragbu going again for a very very long time. Since long before ut2k3 came out. However I rarely got anything going. Then webslinger comes along and is able to get something going all by himself. He didn't even really get much help from the admins, and yet we now have a better event then we ever had. If it were not for webslinger this particular forum would not be what it is. I attribute all the good things that have made this forum so great to the creation of fragbu, which webslinger more than any other member is responsible for creating.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I've got to echo some of the comments from people who have already posted in this thread. Sorry, I know I'm supposed to just say something about one, but...

Webslinger - FragBU wouldn't happen without him. :tup:

Renegade Retard - What a great attitude. He's taken a beating or two at FragBU, but always hangs in there. Also a very positive influence here in the f0's :tup:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
dang just ONE!?!?

Well, we won't send the dogs after you if you name more than one. ;)

Just try to keep it limited. As I said, I could through out a long list of names, but I want to give as many people a chance to post as possible.

And multiple honors for a single person are welcome as well.

(ps - thanks for the nods. I didn't make this thread in an attempt to get recognition, because I feel there are many many others out there who deserve it more than this noob. But thanks again)

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Hanover_Fist said:
Everyone that shows up for FragBU... :D

:tup: All the BuFers deserve recognition for being some of the best people to play with on the weekends. A positive attitude and great competition create an awesome experience.

It kills me to just pick one person. The thing that makes BuF so great is the community itself, not just one person. BUT, that is a cop-out answer, so I guess I would have to say Webby. He does a lot for FragBU and promoting the forums, and is a pretty cool dude. Nice work, Webslinger.

Honorable Mentions:
TWD - Helps tons of people with IRC and Teamspeak, including me.
Ren. Retard - Great attitude and one hell of a dial-up fragger.
Rev. - For being such a wicked shot!!
Hanover - Awesome guy to play with, love hearing "Goll-lee!!!" in the classic southern drawl when he gets excited. ;)
Chainsawmonkey, Thrawn70, DaBeatard - always recommending awesome stuff w/ links
Scumgrief - Called me a DM beast!! :D someday I'll learn to stop chasing him around corners... :shock:

I am sure I am leaving out lots of other people, but like I said, it is everyone that makes BuF what it is.

beer.gif
for everyone!

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
(Breaking my own rules) I gotta mention another.

Sir_Brizz - he was the first BuF I believe I had extensive contact with (I still laugh at that match on Face3 where you turned invisible :) ). Since then he has been a HUGE help and friend. We chat on AIM quite often, and he's always providing technical help with my computer and such, because I'm such a techno-idiot. In game he's always a blast to play with. Just watch out for the extracurricular activities, or bring a fist full of dollars. :D

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
spineblaZe said:
:tup: All the BuFers deserve recognition for being some of the best people to play with on the weekends. A positive attitude and great competition create an awesome experience.

It kills me to just pick one person. The thing that makes BuF so great is the community itself, not just one person.

Exactly. I agree totally. I just wanted to give everyone a chance to say "thanks" to individuals for the contributions they do. The community is great, but it's only as great as the sum of it's parts (members), and sometimes those parts are working behind the scenes and don't get the recognition they deserve.

This is great folks. Keep it up. Remember, you can honor someone for just about anything. It can be someone obscure, someone already mentioned, or just about anyone.

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
mine goes to the peole we missed. To the Admins, and everyone that helps keep BuF running, I think you all should be able to see why I choose them. Thanks guys.

And to all of the other BuFers out there who just make the comunity what it is. :D

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Well said Mulch. I'd like to give props to Hanover for being a cool guy to play with/against and for his effort in getting TS going for FragBUs.

*raises beer*

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Renegade Retard said:
I'll start off with an obvious one, Rev_Whoopass. ...He usually dominates the map when he plays, but quite often holds back so as not to discourage others.

How did you know I do that?

anyway,thanks.

I would give my shout out to Webslinger,and Hannover_Fist.Webby is the epitome of a nice guy,and does alot to help others.Hannover,is a hella fun guy to be on voice with,and his skill is vastly improving.

Not to leave out Flame,who constantly harasses me on voice,and also to TWD,fo doing alot of posting about the FragBu'S and having good ideas on other things to do with fragbu.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
I agree with Spizeblaze that it's pretty much impossible to nominate one person...I won't say since I only play Deathball online, but my nomination is QAPete for obvious reasons :p

We all wouldn't be sitting here without him