News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 25th Dec 1999, 10:44 PM   #1
SSSHAD

Arrow

Well, i'm pretty sure almost everyone on PU plays lots of CTF. Then you should have any opinions about red and blue bases. I think they generally well balanced, yet blue bases are a bit better. Like LavaGiant, LastCommand. The only red base i like more then blue is November's.
SSSHAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Dec 1999, 10:58 PM   #2
Mr Z

I like the thought that the EPIC guys decided to make unsymetrical maps but at the same time there will always seem to be unbalances. I know there are alot of arguments to go either way and its really hard to tell. In the end I prefer the symetrical maps just to eliminate any lingering thoughts on whether or not the map gave either team an advantage.
Mr Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Dec 1999, 11:08 PM   #3
keet

Well, the symmetrical maps are good because they are balanced and easy to know where you are at and where to go because of similarity, but...
I am a very big fan of the different bases. This adds more variety. I think they are balanced in their own way, you just got to find which one better suits your style of play. Alot of times one base has a slight offensive boost while the other has a little better defense.

If you still think they are unfair, you can always alternate though.

Overall, I think it is a cool addition.
My favorite(only including the ones that came with the game is (this is tough) probably november but eternal caves is real cool too, oh hell, they are all great!!!!
keet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 1999, 01:46 AM   #4
hal
Dictator

Even though each base is different they are designed with distinct advantages for each side. November, for instance, the red side is easier to get in but harder to get out of. The red rocket launcher is harder to get to and its choke point is exposed to blue sniper fire. The blue side has to defend two levels as well as concealed entry through the sniper nest. You'll notice similar point/counter-points in the Epic and better made user maps.
hal is offline   Reply With Quote