Unreal Tournament 2 confirmed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Assymilator

No idea what to put here.
Feb 18, 2001
It's Not Atlanta, GA
Infogrames UK has just issued the following statement regarding the release schedule we received yesterday and the existence of Unreal Tournament 2.

"The release schedule that was emailed out contained erroneous information," said Simon Callaghan, PR manager for the publisher. "Unreal Tournament 2 was a typing error and should have read as Unreal 2. It should have been removed from the 2002 section once it was moved to May 24, 2002 upon finalization of its release date, but was accidentally left on there and listed incorrectly. Infogrames has no official comment regarding the existence of an Unreal Tournament 2."

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Infogrames has issued the following release:

"We would like to announce that those who sacked those who made the erroneous report... have been sacked."

"Furthermore, those who sacked those who sacked those who were sacked... have been sacked."

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
L:lol:L
damnet, and i was looking forward to that game, what i don't understand is that they were talking about unreal tournament 2, and not unreal 2
they talked about beefed up ut weapons, vehicle support, all of this wich cannot be found in unreal II
:con:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Assymilator
Infogrames UK has just issued the following statement regarding the release schedule we received yesterday and the existence of Unreal Tournament 2.

"The release schedule that was emailed out contained erroneous information," said Simon Callaghan, PR manager for the publisher. "Unreal Tournament 2 was a typing error and should have read as Unreal 2. It should have been removed from the 2002 section once it was moved to May 24, 2002 upon finalization of its release date, but was accidentally left on there and listed incorrectly. Infogrames has no official comment regarding the existence of an Unreal Tournament 2."

Oh my God in Heaven there are still people that believe this.

Lemme explain a little something. How the hell can you typo "Unreal 2" as "Unreal Tournament 2"?

That just smacks of a lame cover story. "oh, uh, it was a typo" SURE it was.

You don't think someone could have leaked the story?

Yeah, they didn't expect the alpha of Unreal 2 to be leaked either. Guess what happened there?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Yes, UT2 = UW.

But why would they talk about it then say "oops we facked up, never mind"?

I think they are TRYING to confuse Unreal communities on purpose. :D

LandWarrior

Sep 5, 2001
Visit site
me very confused

Unreal 2: single player game with godlike graphics, developed by legend(ppl who made UT)
Unreal Warfare: muliplayer game, UT2, developed by epic(the original guys)
Unreal Championship: beefed up UT for X-box

is that remotely right?

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
This is getting more and more confusing. Infogrames denial and claiming that it was a typo sounds like a huge pile of bullshít indeed.

I still believe that UT2 is UC for PC, and Infogrames is still fighting with Microsoft about whether or not they violate contracts saying that UC is "exclusive" for the Xbox. This should be interesting, especially if the rumors are correct that say that the Xbox broadband service won´t be launched before end of 2002, because in this case UC (in disguise as "UT2") might be released for PC even before it is out on Xbox. Hehe, cool. :D

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
i dunno, i know people who confuse unreal II with unreal tournament II even before this news was out, so well there is a chance. but i think that the project unreal warfare got a new name, witch could be Unreal Tournament II, however original it certainly is not. It wouldn't make sence, cause warfare was to be the successor of unreal tournament, why make 2 online fragging games??
Another clue why it is not a typo is the content of the article, they were talking about vehicle use, and the standard ut weapons got an overhaul, and unreal II is certainly not what they described here.
Time will tell i suppose, looking forward to it no matter whats it called :)

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Originally posted by hal
Infogrames has issued the following release:

"We would like to announce that those who sacked those who made the erroneous report... have been sacked."

"Furthermore, those who sacked those who sacked those who were sacked... have been sacked."
hehe, been watching Monty Python have we? :D

Ni!

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
correct me if i'm wrong, but the rumoured UT2 was said to be developed by Digital Extremes, right?
well, wasn't Unreal Warfare being developed in house by Epic?