New modding tool (replaces ucc make!!!)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is this tool useful?

• Yes!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat.....

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No!!!!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

tim8604

Dec 15, 2001
Visit site
I decided to make a program that would get rid of the step of going to the command prompt and typing "cd c:\unrealtournament\system", "ucc make" every other minute so i messed around, got a little lucky and then came out with my tool called the ucc_make_tool.

All it is really is a .bat file that does the work for you and you just sit back and relax, feel free to post it up on ur site or something as long as you just give me some credit.

-Tim Steinke

got a question? post a reply...

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Havent looked at yours, but A while back, one of the utron guys sent me his bat, and I have used a tweeked verson of that.

I make a copy of the unrealtournament.ini with the editpackages=whatever

Copy ucc.log ucc-back.log
Copy C4.u C4-BackUp.u
Del C4.u
Copy UnrealTournament.ini Backup-UnrealTournament.ini
Del UnrealTournament.ini
Copy C4UTInt.ini UnrealTournament.ini
Ucc Make
Pause
Del UnrealTournament.ini
Copy Backup-UnrealTournament.ini UnrealTournament.ini

Works quite well for me, I made a seperate one for each package Im working on

I also have one that just uccmake, and pause

Mr.Mitchell

Sep 5, 2001
the Netherlands
home.ict.nl
For me it is not really usefull, cause when I was using uccmake I just had one DOS-box open permanently for compiling. In the shortcut for the dosbox you can enter the working directory and that is the directory where the DOS-box will be opened. After the first compile all you have to do is press arrow-up or F3 to retrieve the previous command and press ENTER.

Now I am using VUC++ that does all the stuff needed to complile for me. It deletes the .u files that need to be rebuild and then it starts ucc. All by just pressing F7 + Enter.

So this isn't a timesaver for me, but for others it might be.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
Personally, I use a REXX script that I call from UltraEdit's "User Tools" menu. It identifies the package the currently active file is in and deletes it before calling UCC -make. The entire rebuilding process is done with a single click of the mouse button, and I get error messages in UEd's output box which I can double-click too... It should work with most text-editors that can send external commands.

If you want to get it to work, you'll need a REXX interpreter installed. Regina REXX is freeware and less than a meg's worth of download from http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/.