Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

View Poll Results: Will you stick with Inf or go to Ghost Recon?
Infiltration Forever! 33 71.74%
Ghost Recon! 3 6.52%
Mix of Both, I'm a Fence Sitter 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27th Nov 2001, 11:20 PM   #1
DallasStarsRule
making personal insults since 1999

AAA!!! Fear Ghost Recon!!!!

Two clans in ilcr have dropped out already of the primary league in order to make time for Ghost Recon. I played the demo...and while it is a cool single player game...I don't think it can replace Inf mulitplayer. Still...I am uneasy...the force is strong with this one.

I proably will get this game for christmas...but I will remain an Inf player until such a time the ilcr dies. Nevertheless Inf is gonna take quite a hit from Ghost Recon.

My main hope for the future of Inf as we know it is that someone makes an aimbot real fast and distributes it to everyone... destroying online Ghost Recon play.

Then they all come crawling back to Inf....MWAHAHAHAHA!

Man I hope Warren and Deppo gets that mission orientated game mode on real fast. Team deathmatch looks kinda shabby against GR...i gotta admit.

So you guys...I don't post here much cuz for some reason I never see any of y'all.... but if there is hope it lies in the proles...no seriously this is the biggest forum =).

Will you convert to Ghost Recon? or will you remain with Inf?
Old 27th Nov 2001, 11:29 PM   #2
Dakin
MUF Officer

Can't stand any other FPS unless it has INF-like (damned near 100%) controls and such... care less about spiffy graphics, if it doesnt function like INF (eg using the gun with the Sights and not a crosshair etc...) I don't play it.. even though I have the Demo of GR, I have yet to play it rofl.. anyhow I think I'd stick with INF, cuz, I am just so attached.
Dakin is human? I always thought he was a lagless, pingless, twice over God-like bot, who existed solely to show those who think they are good that there is always someone better than you. (Source: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=72336)
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2001, 11:45 PM   #3
DialAJunk
fl;ksisj

Thumbs up Agreed

INF is very in depth. And I am sure its been in development a lot longer that Ghost Recon...

Therefore INF has just about every feature I could want, it just needs some serious bug fixing.
I wish I knew how to do that.
DialAJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 12:21 AM   #4
FiringAimlessly
NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

The character-specific aim/conefire works well when dealing with managing several different units in a single-player game, but when you're playing as one and only one soldier I'll take iron-sights aiming any day.

Plus INF has better gunshot sounds iMO.
FiringAimlessly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 12:23 AM   #5
DooMfreak

Where else in the world would I find myself surrounded by gorgeous weapons. Infiltration Forever!
DooMfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 12:52 AM   #6
yurch
Swinging the clue-by-four

Infiltration is in-development. GR is not. So when they get bored and start howling for mods... our next version will be coming out, and we will have a whole new inf to play with. For free
Eat that.
Old 28th Nov 2001, 03:30 AM   #7
striderteen

Location: Caltech, Pasadena, California, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
I don't like Ghost Recon much...it has the same frustrating half-slow, half-fast action of SWAT 3, the same annoying crosshairs, the same annoying timer-icons instead of reload/weapon change animations.

GR has a few good things, such as get up / get down keys to switch between stand/crouch/prone, but Infiltration is the uncontested champion of realism games.
striderteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 04:26 AM   #8
LieLestoSbrat
Can You Count? Sucka's

Inf rules. GR sucks I got GR on friday and I had completed it by then, so in my view it was a waste of 30. And in my view it don'y get in my top 3 games list.
1)Deus Ex
2)Inf
3)OFP

I also think for a finished game GR is way to buggy, when compared to Inf. Then you have got the factors of no 1st person weapon models, stupid sounds, Ultimate in crap AI and so on.

Keep It Tidy

Er are you being cheeky?
#Include <Spam.h>

Last edited by LieLestoSbrat; 29th Nov 2001 at 08:35 AM.
LieLestoSbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 05:20 PM   #9
DallasStarsRule

Well thats good to hear. After testing GR some more I think that it is only better than Inf in single player. But that not saying much =).

The good thing is that everyone I know who plays Inf is diehard addicted. Hopefully ghost recon will only be a temporary distraction.

The crosshairs sook arse!
Old 28th Nov 2001, 05:35 PM   #10
Sidewinder

Quote:
The crosshairs sook arse!
so do scopes

Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 05:47 PM   #11
Bullzeye
A damn shifty character...

IRONSITES ALL THE WAY

I have GR and I love it because, well, it's a Clancy game, but it will never replace INF and the ironsites... Been here since 2.75 and I aint goin' nowhere...

People think World War II is over, but that's crap. It's still going on 20 miles from me in Youngstown, Ohio. You think Carentan was an urban nightmare, you should see down town Y-town. It's the only place in the world where an Adult Book Store is located right next door to a dentist office and right across the street from a church. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Bullzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 06:54 PM   #12
peachz
BANNED

Go inf! i've been a loyal infiltration member since 2.75 also, i can't wait to see what's in store. eat that 'already been shipped and no further improvements and if there are they still won't be as good as inf' stoopid clancy game!

inf forever!
peachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 07:35 PM   #13
Mr. HotDog
[Insert Text Here]

I like them both.

GR has a very strong single player element. IMO INF has a stronger Multiplayer element than GR. I dont see why anyone has to choose between one or the other. Play both if you like. Thats what I do.
Old 28th Nov 2001, 09:21 PM   #14
DallasStarsRule

My crosshairs suck arse was directed at ghost recon =)
for clarification

serioulsy they are the ugliest crosshairs i've ever seen
Old 28th Nov 2001, 09:41 PM   #15
CatalystDM
Violator

Ghost Recon looks gorgeous and has a strong single player element, yet i find Inf to be better overall -- i wonder if there will be a single player mode for Inf in the future? anyway, ill stick with Infiltration all the way

INF Canada League
(Kootenay Rep)
CatalystDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2001, 10:39 PM   #16
JonnyBoyDT
Get Back JoJo

Re: AAA!!! Fear Ghost Recon!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by DallasStarsRule
Two clans in ilcr have dropped out already of the primary league in order to make time for Ghost Recon.

yeah I know we(GHOST) dropped out...kinda sad but we liek GHOST recon...lots of them are leaving and not looking back but don't worry I ain't goin no where...been here since the unreal days(2.61) and leaving inf would be like forgetting my childhood.

see the problem is before ghost came to Infiltration(and before I came to GHOST) they were a HUGE rainbow six clan...they were actually the number one clan in the entire game. so when we found out that GR was coming out we all got a little antzy.

now as to why gat left...they just can't play anymore with us leaving
Old 28th Nov 2001, 10:45 PM   #17
DallasStarsRule

LOL
Sorry to see ya'll leave ghost. I hope ghost recon turns out to be an elaborate virus and you coem back.
GAT hasnt left btw.
I was referring to RU486

GAT is just slowly disintegrating or something. 7 active members according to archangel. They still make matches but they dont practice much. Ghost recon i'm guessing.
Old 28th Nov 2001, 10:47 PM   #18
DallasStarsRule

But don't worry the ilcr will survive. MAD and C7C will step up to replace thsoe who leave. As long as Inf is fun for me, I'll be here too.
Old 29th Nov 2001, 04:23 PM   #19
O.D.

Quote:
Originally posted by DallasStarsRule
GAT is just slowly disintegrating or something. 7 active members according to archangel. They still make matches but they dont practice much. Ghost recon i'm guessing.
Or maybe they just didn't make room for new blood...

Other Dave
O.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2001, 05:00 PM   #20
DallasStarsRule

Apoc is pretty lazy I think. I hear he will recruit if 2.87 is good. I have no idea why I post this.