CTF-Sfear][

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Luggage says, once you've released your map, you should post it on the Showcase forum. Well I released CTF-Sfear][ a few days ago, and since NC probably won't publish it before X-mas ;), and because everybody was waiting for this map to be released ;), I thought I'd just post it here for everybody to download.

There are 2 pics of the map on the internet, which were already shown on the old forum:

Watch your enemies respawn on the ceiling...
sfear2.jpg

...then enter the huge hollow sphere and cap that flag!
sfear.jpg

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
very intresting level and different. However the warp zones are not perfect... sometimes i found my self not being able to walk up the walls... I did get turned around a few times while the bots kicked my butt and capped the flag ;)

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by Lord Dill
very intresting level and different. However the warp zones are not perfect... sometimes i found my self not being able to walk up the walls... I did get turned around a few times while the bots kicked my butt and capped the flag ;)

Thanx for the feedback! :tup:

Yeah those damn warpzones! :mad: I tried to make the best of it, but there are just a lot of bugs in UT when it comes to warpzones. :(

It's true there are some very steep walls. I lowered the gravity to make it possible to 'slide' up and down those walls without having to jump, but still... It's the result of cutting up the sphere in too few (6) pieces. :eek:

Lord Dill

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
another thing... You can translocate to the flag in one shot... just throw you translocator staight up. Too bad for UT sucking at gravity zones or limiting the way gravity works... I think the level needs to be a bit bigger too, but don't bump up the polys any more ;)

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
Originally posted by Lord Dill
another thing... You can translocate to the flag in one shot... just throw you translocator staight up. Too bad for UT sucking at gravity zones or limiting the way gravity works... I think the level needs to be a bit bigger too, but don't bump up the polys any more ;)

Yes the map is very small, allowing for ultra fast action and total chaos. But if you really liked the map and want to make some suggestions for the sequel, post your ideas in this thread! :)