News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - Map Making > Level Editing - Advanced

Old 22nd Nov 2001, 05:50 PM   #1
Lord Dill

Question Bots shooting a mover???

I just made a room that has a breakable window in it. I want my bots to shoot the window and jump through it... the jumping through isn't a real problem, the problem is getting them to shoot it? The window is just a mover that moves in 0 sec and has a breaking glass actor attached... so it would be pretty much the same as getting a bot to Shoot a door to open it and then go though.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!
Lord Dill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2001, 06:57 PM   #2
Lord Dill

Talking

well i solved the problem my self, it seems that the bots already know how to break the glass before walking through it. You just but jump spots in front of the window and they break it and jump through... however it doesn't work with translocator desc...
Old 24th Nov 2001, 09:09 PM   #3
Lord Dill

GOD DAMNIT!!!! When i was just messing around with the paths i got them to break and jump through the window... but now they won't even go that way (AND I DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING) except some path costs... which i changed back.. but they don't listen anymore.
Old 25th Nov 2001, 03:29 PM   #4
Luggage
wins.

*lol*
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 01:17 AM   #5
smeerkat
Hello, old friend...

my $0.02

If a bot is standing on the other side of the glass, and he sees you, and there's a path in place (one pathnode on either side of the glass), then he will run right through the window and break it. I've seen this happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Dill
GOD DAMNIT!!!! When i was just messing around with the paths i got them to break and jump through the window... but now they won't even go that way (AND I DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING) except some path costs... which i changed back.. but they don't listen anymore.
smeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Dec 2001, 03:19 PM   #6
Astyanax
GotoState('Coding');

Re: my $0.02

Quote:
Originally posted by smeerkat
If a bot is standing on the other side of the glass, and he sees you, and there's a path in place (one pathnode on either side of the glass), then he will run right through the window and break it. I've seen this happen.
Yeah those bots always find some way to surprise me. Sometimes they pull off some amazingly smart trick, something I hadn't expected at all. Unfortunately they are also being extremely dumb at other times...
|   888        8 .d88b.   .d888 8   8 8888   .d88b. 888 8   8   8   |
| ww888ww  .wwd8 8P''Y8   8   8 8b  8 www8   8bwww.  8  8www8   8   |
|  Y888P   8P  8 8    8   8   8 8"8.8    8       Y8  8  8   8   8   |
|   'Y'    'Y888 8    8   'Y888 8  Y8 8888   `Y88P' 888 8   8 88888 |
\___________________________________________________________________/
Astyanax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2001, 08:06 PM   #7
Lord Dill

Arrow

Ok, i learned a few things about bots and movers...
First thing, they will shoot the mover if it is damage triggered. However, if the mover is not at the same level as the floor they will just keep running into the mover without shooting. (they get stuck) they need to be on the same level as the mover. So, you need to set up a jump spot on the ledge of the window. This makes the bot jump up on the the window ledge and shoot it out. The jump spot needs to be in the perfect place for the bot to make the jump on to the window ledge. Otherwise the bots will just get stuck. I learned by trail and error
Old 4th Dec 2001, 10:40 PM   #8
Bonedog
Adept

Couldn't you use a trap springer set to 'ShootIt' and a trigger to event the mover? Set an AlternatePath actor on each side of the glass with their cost set really low...and then your jumpspot right by the windows ledge so they'll jump up and through. Just a thought...
Bonedog is offline   Reply With Quote