BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic

Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:26 PM   #1
AriTheDog
frog steering expert

Unhappy GTA 3... it sucks...

no friggin kill frenzies?!

not easy to find weapons!?

is it me, or were these things an effort to keep the console makers/markets happy...

although, i have to admit, the rest of the game is pretty fun.

too bad there's no friggin multiplayer!!!
[16:58] <moke`hapy> the puke is the money shot
AriTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:52 PM   #2
Waffnuffly
>:E

what game? Never heard of it?
Waffnuffly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:54 PM   #3
BillyBadAss
Strong Cock of The North

You have to be kidding me!?! The game rocks!!!!

When I’m watching the news and my daughter walks in and choose to ask. “Why were all those people on the floor, sleeping, covered in red?” I told her, that they were looking for God, but found religion instead.
– De La Soul

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. -Raoul Duke
BillyBadAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:55 PM   #4
AriTheDog
frog steering expert

grand theft auto 3.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:56 PM   #5
AriTheDog
frog steering expert

you've got to be kidding...

it's nothing compared to the first game, or even the second...
Old 17th Nov 2001, 03:58 PM   #6
Waffnuffly
>:E

OOOOOHHHH I love GTA 2, great entertainment
Waffnuffly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:08 PM   #7
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

Oh but it is really YOU that HAS TO BE FREAKIN KIDDING ME!

It's way better than the first and second, so much better that it is unbelieveable. I can't believe that you do not find it that good. Every single one of my friends that played it had the time of their lives. We had to fight over who went next.

As for kill frenzies, they are so in this game, you just haven't found them. You can also ride boats in this game, and even a fly a plane. There is also secret jump locations everywhere. When you launch off of these the game will switch views and go in slow motion while you go flying. You get money depending on how well your style was. And you said the guns were hard to find. Dude just go to the gun shop in the first part of the city, and the military outpost in the second part. By the way, shoot any civilians head with the sniper rifle, and blood will shoot out like a fountain. Awesome. And what about beating civilians senseless, and then kicking them while they are down, seeing more and more blood leak out. Delicious.

I don't know what is wrong with you, I really can't believe that you think this game is worse than the previous 2. You can make this game just like the previous 2 by just pressing select a few times and getting the top down view.

I realize that different people have different opinions, but when it comes to this game, everyones opinion should be the same. GTA3 OWNNNZZZZZZ!
Twisted Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:10 PM   #8
afkik

I havent played GTA3 yet, but 2 was very fun

/me remembers killing cops and people, then taking out swat teams, then along came the army, then steal some tanks, and the killing never ends
afkik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:16 PM   #9
mokeh
Ride for ruin

gta3 is great

kill frenzies be little blue spiny roundy things with skulls on and just run over a load of people and theres bound to be someone with a gun in amongst them

/me beats ari with a stick of some form
<chyst>Wow moke, you are really clever
<deepershade> moke you are a spot of light among the darkness of the world
mokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:17 PM   #10
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

Quote:
Originally posted by afkik123
I havent played GTA3 yet, but 2 was very fun

/me remembers killing cops and people, then taking out swat teams, then along came the army, then steal some tanks, and the killing never ends
All of that can be done in GTA3 plus a whole lot more. All in very awesome looking 3D. Still has the same exact feel of 1 and 2 though. Trust me, you know its GTA when your controlling it. It's quite an experience.

I'm going overboard I know but you can't just expect nothing when someone says GTA3 sucks. There has to be a reason for this nonsense.

Drugs are bad kids.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:19 PM   #11
AriTheDog
frog steering expert

it just seems the focus has been taken off of action and carnage, and put towards the story...

i'll play it some more later today, and see what i think, though.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 04:29 PM   #12
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

How long exactly have you played it for? The action is however you choose to make it. You can run over hundreds of people, building up your wanted level having cops chasing you from everywhere. Then come the SWAT team, CIA, Helicopters, Army, soldiers, tanks! Throw a few grenades, watch cars go flying, rolling over, catching fire... Too much to list.

Also, as for the game not being multiplayer, BS! Bring it to a friends house and let the fun begin. See who can last the longest killing the most people and not being caught by cops. See who can do the best getaways. See who can do the most unique jumps. So many possibilities here...

Also did you try getting hookers yet? Stop a car by one and honk the horn. They will bend over and start talking to you. Soon they will get in. Drive them into a private place such as an alley and watch the sparks fly. Your car will start shaking and squeaking. It will start off slow, and keep increasing in speed. You will notice that your health gauge rises, up to 125%. Then after the hooker is done she will get out of the car and bend over breathing heavily. At this point you should get out of your car and beat her to death and get your money back.

God this game is great.

heh.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 06:33 PM   #13
Kokensu
Fire in Ma Belly!

I don't know AriTheDog. Just going by what you said I'd have to say you haven't played this game for more than five minutes.

I've found killing spree power ups and I have LOTS of guns and TONS of ammo.

Hell I got bored with the story line so I drove a pickup truck INTO a cyber cafe(you could see the computers). I then got out and equipped with body armor and my AK47 I begin randomly shooting people.

The cops came and I blew up their cars with hand grenades. This continued until I had 5 out of 6 felony stars. The FBI(you can see the letters on their jackets) then showed up! Of course I didn't make it out of their alive but I took alot down with me

I wanna see what 6 felony stars does.

Ignorance is bliss. Until you realize just how ignorant you are.
----------
"We are destined to gain knowledge from our wildest dreams, as deep as an ocean, as calm as a forest tree, my soul...is at last free...." - LTJ Bukem
Kokensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2001, 07:16 PM   #14
IntRed

this is really ticking me off here, i want a pc version and i want it know??
can you do those cargraveyard things again, where you park like 30 cars, close together and then blow one up and watch the chainreaction?
Old 17th Nov 2001, 08:11 PM   #15
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

Quote:
Originally posted by Kokensu
I don't know AriTheDog. Just going by what you said I'd have to say you haven't played this game for more than five minutes.

I've found killing spree power ups and I have LOTS of guns and TONS of ammo.

Hell I got bored with the story line so I drove a pickup truck INTO a cyber cafe(you could see the computers). I then got out and equipped with body armor and my AK47 I begin randomly shooting people.

The cops came and I blew up their cars with hand grenades. This continued until I had 5 out of 6 felony stars. The FBI(you can see the letters on their jackets) then showed up! Of course I didn't make it out of their alive but I took alot down with me

I wanna see what 6 felony stars does.
Army my friend. Tanks will be coming, Barracks OL will be coming, and troops will be marching. To get 6 stars, just shoot down a few helicopters, and kill a few more cops. In the 3rd part of the city, you can drive your car up the mountain(hills) at the one end of the dam. It is almost a vertical climb, but your car will actually go up it. Get to the uppermost portion of the level and you will be able to see everything. Shoot all the cop cars from up here with your rocket launcher. They won't be able to do anything. Poor bastards.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 08:15 PM   #16
Twisted Metal
Anfractuous Aluminum

Quote:
Originally posted by TTRStryker8
this is really ticking me off here, i want a pc version and i want it know??
can you do those cargraveyard things again, where you park like 30 cars, close together and then blow one up and watch the chainreaction?
Havn't really tried but when you blow up a car near another the other one will most certainly catch fire and blow a few seconds later.

Unfortunately if you park a car somewhere and go off in the distance to find another and come back, the car will probably be gone. So your best bet is to try it in the road.
Old 17th Nov 2001, 08:43 PM   #17
Raden
lol

The chain reaction in GTA 2 works best when you outfit a car with a bomb. Sideswipe anotehr car, get out, carjack the poor sucka, kill him, park that car as cvlose to the original bomb-rigged car as possible, carjack another and park that as close to the second, etc. I usually make a nice circle of cars with about 30 cars there. Then I get in the bombcar, set it off and RUN!

It's a very nice and laggy explosion!

and it will usually result in two or three Wanted levels.
Raden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2001, 01:24 AM   #18
Kokensu
Fire in Ma Belly!

I'm still only in the second part of the city right now. Been messin around(haven't got the rocket launcher yet).

Yes chain reactions work. If a car blows up and one is near it, it will either blow up right away or catch on fire and then blow up. I've blow up like 10 cop cars with one grenade like that.

I staged my attacks on the cops from the cyber cafe. They couldn't get in there to kill me, but unfortunately I couldn't really get out either.

This game is definetely fun though. PC version? You're probably gonna have to wait till spring.

----------
"We are destined to gain knowledge from our wildest dreams, as deep as an ocean, as calm as a forest tree, my soul...is at last free...." - LTJ Bukem
Old 19th Nov 2001, 12:56 AM   #19
AriTheDog
frog steering expert

ok, you were right. i hadn't played it long enough. while i like it better, i think the first is still my favorite.

haven't tried multiplayer though, yet. will do!
Old 19th Nov 2001, 01:11 AM   #20
Kokensu
Fire in Ma Belly!

Here's some crappy screen shots of me attacking some police. Maybe I'll make a video or two tomorrow

----------