Mr. Rabid, I'm curious...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Well, since I guess you've already reviewed my CTF-Thunder and DM-Twisted-TOURNEY, couldn't you tell me - how were they rated? Um, I sure *don't* want to know the exact scores yet, just give me an impression: Good, bad or ugly? Or just average? Or even overwhelmingly astonishing? (Though I don't think so...)

*g* would be nice!

Cheers, Lugg

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by Luggage
Well, since I guess you've already reviewed my CTF-Thunder and DM-Twisted-TOURNEY, couldn't you tell me - how were they rated? Um, I sure *don't* want to know the exact scores yet, just give me an impression: Good, bad or ugly? Or just average? Or even overwhelmingly astonishing? (Though I don't think so...)

*g* would be nice!

Cheers, Lugg

oops! sorry I find this so late.
I still haven't been able to download Twisted-Tourney with our files down and all.
as of thunderfinal, don't expect much more than a 6. (Infact I haven't looked at the bots yet, and the layout makes decent bot-support essential, so if you should have screwed up a thing or two concerning them, then maybe don't even expect a 6.

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
I've been told they play like dirty ole bastards! No seriously, it would be a just score, IMO. I'd never give it more than 7, because the architecture is much to simple to fit even my own standards (...what I consider cool, not what I usually accomplish :( )
That's why I started re-doing it. But nevermind that. I think the map is pretty funny due to the fast paced gameplay, it's more for attackers than defenders.
Anyways I'm very pleased the prognosis is above average :D
And I've uploaded the map again with a note that it (CTF-Thunder.zip) should replace CTF-Thunder and CTF-Thunderfinal. If you ask yourself why, just have a look at the first version, as long as it's still there... :)

Greetz, Lugg

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
okay, got it through your site.
is the download for thunder there that new final "final" that you uploaded with us to replace the original and the final-thunder?

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
you call that "small"?
even if I was a midget I'd get claustrophobia in there...
flow suxx big-time.

fun: 4.5
playability: 5
bots: 6
flow: 3
items: 6
theme: 6
architecture: 6
lighting: 6
textures: 6.5
sound: 7.5

adding up to 5.275 being rounded up to 5.5

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
:( I thought it was cool! I mean, the bots don't get it, but I've played it against a human opponent, and it turned out a pretty cool match (I lost, as usual...) because of the total predictability...
Ok, but if it doesn't fit in the normal way to play UT... *shrug* nevermind!

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by lucifix
rw have you had a chance to get my maps yet???? and do you know when the review will be up/working again?
I got hanger13se way back on the old forum already. as of sbs I was at your site to d/l but had to find out that there wasn't any link there, just a note saying that it'll be available through nc once everything here works again. so, no, I haven't gotten sbs yet.
as of when there'll be reviews again, I don't know.
but from the little insight a reviewer has into the behind-the-scenes on-goings here I'd say soon. and "soon" meaning waaay sooner than the last time I told you it'd be "soon".
I remember back on pu that there was a brief spell where the asp thingies were borked and as soon as they had gotten fixed again there were like 18 (!) reviews posted on one day, followed by two weeks of precious few reviews.
that didn't make a whole lotta sense to me, and I for one will try to avoid that this time around.
I got 6 reviews completely finished right now, and another 5 virtually so. (h13se none of them yet, but on my list for tomorrow).
however, I will not post a dozend reviews the first day we're back on, rather I'll post like four or five, and then another four or five every two, three days.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by Luggage
:( I thought it was cool! I mean, the bots don't get it, but I've played it against a human opponent, and it turned out a pretty cool match (I lost, as usual...) because of the total predictability...
Ok, but if it doesn't fit in the normal way to play UT... *shrug* nevermind!
the way this map is built the problems bots have with portals don't really weigh as heavy as they do on other such maps. plus the actual pathing you supplied was decent.
the main flaw is that it is extremely narrow. I don't know how often I got fragged by the bot, while having to look down onto the ground to stand exactly on the middle of the elevator with its shaft being so ludicrously narrow.
having to jump up onto the surrounding "platform" from down where the elevator is didn't exactly help flow, either.
dont take this personal, dude.
but I saw you got it stacked with Xortrus, so there you'll have your second opinion.
a 5.5 should be a horizontal thumb there. lets see what he'll give.
cheers!

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Rabid Wolf
the main flaw is that it is extremely narrow. I don't know how often I got fragged by the bot, while having to look down onto the ground to stand exactly on the middle of the elevator with its shaft being so ludicrously narrow.
having to jump up onto the surrounding "platform" from down where the elevator is didn't exactly help flow, either.
dont take this personal, dude.

It works if you run into that vertical, um, thing holding the "roof" of the elevator. I had the ground level so low intentionally, making it a "one-way"... If it was a bad decision, my fault. :) And no, I don't take it personally! (Not my style! :cool: )

but I saw you got it stacked with Xortrus, so there you'll have your second opinion.
a 5.5 should be a horizontal thumb there. lets see what he'll give.
cheers!

Hopefully he'll be able to get those reviews up *this* weekend... *sigh*

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com

I got hanger13se way back on the old forum already. as of sbs I was at your site to d/l but had to find out that there wasn't any link there, just a note saying that it'll be available through nc once everything here works again. so, no, I haven't gotten sbs yet.
as of when there'll be reviews again, I don't know.
but from the little insight a reviewer has into the behind-the-scenes on-goings here I'd say soon. and "soon" meaning waaay sooner than the last time I told you it'd be "soon".
I remember back on pu that there was a brief spell where the asp thingies were borked and as soon as they had gotten fixed again there were like 18 (!) reviews posted on one day, followed by two weeks of precious few reviews.
that didn't make a whole lotta sense to me, and I for one will try to avoid that this time around.
I got 6 reviews completely finished right now, and another 5 virtually so. (h13se none of them yet, but on my list for tomorrow).
however, I will not post a dozend reviews the first day we're back on, rather I'll post like four or five, and then another four or five every two, three days.
i can out sbs back on my site if you want me to. i took it of cause i thought nc would be fixed by now.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
Originally posted by lucifix
i can out sbs back on my site if you want me to. i took it of cause i thought nc would be fixed by now.
no need to bother, lucifix.
doing a review is a matter of some 2-3 hours.
no matter when the reviews will be back up, the filemanagement will be up before then, so I'll get it eventually.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
luggage!

all the download links at your site are fuxxored for me.
I just want to make sure I got the right version of CTF-Thunder.
the unzipped .unr file I have is 1.655.976 Bytes, and was last changed on 15. April 2001 11:04:02.
is that the latest version?