News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 13th Dec 1999, 07:55 PM   #1
Cyberian_2K
Adept

I find the Unreal music to be really cool and would like to just listen to it without playing the game sometimes.

Is it at all possible to convert that umx format into a playable format like mp3, or wav or something. The Unreal soundtrack does not contain all the tracks and some of the coolest ones are not included. UT's got some good ones as well.
Cyberian_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 1999, 09:20 PM   #2
expiration date

you can order the unreal gametrack from the UT CD booklet... but if you're talking about extracting the music files from the game... well, I don't know...
expiration date is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 1999, 09:28 PM   #3
Zaccix
Truth, by Banksy

This appeared in the alt.games.unreal.tournament newsgroup a while back. I can't remember who the original poster was though:

UT music is in MOD format, usually ImpulseTracker. MODs are one of the greatest gifts the Amiga community gave us (I miss my A500, BTW)

Copy the contents of the /System/Music folder somewhere. Get a hex editor and strip the lead characters from each file until the first four characters you see are IMPM (Impulse Tracker MOD) or Extended Module (FastTracker MOD). Save the IT MODs with the extension IT, and FT mods with
the extention XM. Download any tracker or MOD player program to listen to the tunes, or if you're into making your own MODs, remix and modify them!

Many tracker programs will output MODs as one big .WAV file or export to MP3 for you. I recommend MODplug Tracker available from http://www.modplug.com.

3AM. A stick, skates and a puck. Joy.
Zaccix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 1999, 10:17 PM   #4
Satsu

Get this: http://www.maz-sound.com/archives/mrip260.zip

from http://www.maz-sound.com

Then, in the Unreal/UT music dir type:

mrip /p <filename>.umx

From the list of file formats given, move down the page until you come to a bunch of MOD formats and press F7. It should search the file for many formats and extract the modules.

If you want to just rip the Unreal 1 music, download this:

ftp.cdrom.com/unreal/utils/sound/umxrip.zip

Place that in your /Unreal/Music/ dir and type umxrip *.* and it will extract the musics. Unfortunately it's not that easy for UT, you have to do what I said above.
Satsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 1999, 10:29 PM   #5
WiwiJumbo

Um... from what I've seen Modplug can play Umx already... (At least the UT ones..)

Or load the different songs in to UnrealED and then export them. I did that for Unreal and it worked great. You can use Winamp to play them too.

Wiwi
WiwiJumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 1999, 10:54 PM   #6
ty_Fortune

What I did was just open up Unrealed and extract the music files to .it format. They can be played by winamp.
My favorite is "Go Down", the one from HyperBlast and Deck16][.
ty_Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote