Disable the damn Shock Rifle Combo!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Why does everybody want to disable the damn thing? Still, if you want to disable, I got the file working. I just downloaded Closer.umod from Fileplanet (it's for the demo) and using Umod Tool, I took out the .u and .int files.

It works fine, I tried it. I'll also probably review it later today.

2COOL4-U

Mar 17, 2001
dot NL
2cool.free.fr
why would you want to do that man, the combo is the most difficult skill to really master and once you've mastered it, you'll own the battlefield (ask my friends :D)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
And in those threads, the one requesting the mod was less than pleasant. Good thing I'm only a moderator here and not an admin of Beyondunreal, or more would have been done than a simple thread locking. Like, read only for a week.

RaZoR2k

Nov 10, 2001
razor2k.cjb.net
Hi,
thanks for helping me find this. Just to all u guys wonder wtf.. well I'm the same i love the combo, but a mate wants to start a newbie server, where us pros cant come in and own them while there just staring out... coz thats not fun is it? but otherwise I agree its a great trick to master etc..
thanks again
Raz

Well if you want to start a newbie server, make sure you get yourself some Balance mutators that cause newbies to have more advantages over the better players.

Go to this forum here for the list of balance mutators which, incidentily, also talked about the Shock Combo breaking balance.

It's the fourth post.

RaZoR2k

Nov 10, 2001
razor2k.cjb.net
Thanks again man ;)
And hey I repacked the mutator so its a "no cobo mod" only, got rid of instant rockets etc.. so let me know if you want it or a link so some other guys can grab it.
Cheers
Raz

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by RaZoR2k
Hi,
thanks for helping me find this. Just to all u guys wonder wtf.. well I'm the same i love the combo, but a mate wants to start a newbie server, where us pros cant come in and own them while there just staring out... coz thats not fun is it? but otherwise I agree its a great trick to master etc..
thanks again
Raz

That is the dumbest reason I ever heard, and I have reasons for that instead of flames.

If someone can't own with a Shock Rifle they'll do it with a Minigun, or Pulse, or Flak. The shock Rifle is not the only weapon in UT. Hell I know people who can take people down with the enforcer. Instead of getting someone to go to the trouble of making the mutator, just don't use combos. It's simple. Don't shoot a ball with the beam. :lol:

RaZoR2k

Nov 10, 2001
razor2k.cjb.net
did i say I was making the server?
I said I was helping a friend...
everybody is entitled to play the way they want to, and some people dont like the combo, especially newbies, because they cant do the same. The main problem is shock whoring and not other weapons. And I have the mutator I need now.

I also think its moderators such as yourself who cause more problems then they solve... your people skills are amazing...
but i suppose because I mentioned your ignorance in this matter you'll try and ban me or something... o well

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by RaZoR2k
did i say I was making the server?
I said I was helping a friend...
everybody is entitled to play the way they want to, and some people dont like the combo, especially newbies, because they cant do the same. The main problem is shock whoring and not other weapons. And I have the mutator I need now.

Then maybe they should learn. Fact is, if they don't learn how to use or counter the Shock Rifle, they are gonna get ripped apart by any shock rifle user. The shock rifle was designed to do the combo. It's not a bug as some other guy mentioned already ( :lol: ) but they made it do that. If you don't learn how to get around the Shock Rifle, you will never make it online. Unless you only plan to play LAN's the entire time, then have a blast. But I would not recommend going online to other servers until you can use/counter the Shock.

I also think its moderators such as yourself who cause more problems then they solve... your people skills are amazing...
but i suppose because I mentioned your ignorance in this matter you'll try and ban me or something... o well

[Stone Cold Steve Austin] what? [/Stone Cold Steve Austin]

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
hey razor2k, could ya give me a link to that repacked version? U´ve REALLY saved my UT here =D thx a lot.

oh and u there, Neme... something, I´m less than pleasant? lol all I did was ask around and politely disagree when you got offended by my opinion. oh, and tossing some sh** at me and then locking the thread is a pretty damn good example of childish "I-got-the-last-word-HAHA!" behavior. Grow up, man.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
You need to respect the fact that not everyone hates the Shock Rifle like you do. You were given the facts, you can't accept them. You're the one that has to keep arguing the point. Now let's just let this all go. We've all had our say, good for us.

I didn't fling insults at you then lock the thread, I said "You still don't see our points about the shock so I don't see the point leaviong this thread open for more insults." Where did I specify you were insulting people? I had to edit someone's post cause all they said to you was "hahaha you newbie lamer hahaha"

I guarantee if you had seen that you'd REALLY have had a reason to be offended. I didn't fling the crap, I just stopped it.

Now let us all drop this. You have your no-combo mutator, you can have fun your way and we'll use the shock rifle with the combo. Sound good?

I'll leave this open for now, but I don't think backtalking a moderator is something you should do in the future.

Thank you.

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
Your exact quote: "well seeing as you still don't get the point of the Shock Rifle, I don't get the point of leaving this crapfest open for more insults."

Well pardon me for interpreting you calling my discussion a "crapfest", as an insult =P

Oh and, "this box is square" is a fact and "this car is cool" is an *opinion* so pls don´t go about calling your opinions facts... it´s annoying for ppl who don´t share them.

Anyway, I agree with you guys let´s drop it. I appreciate you finding and packing this mutator and I thank those who were polite enough to speak their differing opinions without spitting on mine... =) thx

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
Oh and one more thing:

"I'll leave this open for now, but I don't think backtalking a moderator is something you should do in the future."

I wasn´t backtalking you, I was talking directly TO you.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well, if you can't handle the shock combo, a good thing to do is play a lot of instagib, it'll help your aim, and when you'r playing regular ut, you will have quite some skill on the shock rifle without being able to do the combo

OBhave

Oct 25, 2001
Visit site
Oh I do play instagib... in fact my favorite weapon in most games is the slow firing precicion weapon... but i don´t like using the shock combo... far too wide a blast radius for my taste, I think it takes the challenge out of it... reminds me of the ol´ BFG in Quake2 exept not with the strictly limited ammo.