Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 31st Oct 2001, 09:34 AM   #1
Zundfolge

Angry Homeland Security; the begining of the end

http://www.newsreview.com/issues/sac...0-25/cover.asp
Zundfolge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 10:09 AM   #2
Fuct
Who is Adam King?

One word :

Asshole
Old 31st Oct 2001, 10:22 AM   #3
jaeg
PopeyeTurbo

That was quite a funny story, shows just what mass hysteria can do.

However, it just seems like another "bad cop" story. I don't, in any way, see how this shows the evils of new US domestic policy at airports. Also, don't forget that flying on airplanes is not a protected right and that airports, as well as airplanes in the air, are enitrely outside of state government rule. So technically you lose whatever rights the state secures for you as soon as you go past the security scanners.

In other words, they can tell you go home without reason but what they can't do without reason is confiscate items or any other property of yours.
jaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 10:27 AM   #4
Goat Fucker
No Future!

Angry

Well, why doesent that suprice me.

Might aswell get used to it, this is far from over, today the airports and the internet gets policed, tomorrow? who knows, but this is only the start, you might aswell go down to the local police station and submit youre fingerprint and DNA now, avoid the crowd when it gets mandatorry.

And dont forget to get youre nerdy haircut and clouthes, so you look goofy and harmless, or someone might just rat you out, and the guys in the black suits will come and drag you away.

If people dont stop bending over and taking it, like the little teasing hot anuses they are, fairly soon, and start standing up and defending basic freedom, we will all need a violent revolution in a few years time.
Old 31st Oct 2001, 10:30 AM   #5
DLL
Chrysolyte

This quote from the story sums it up for me:

Quote:
But how could I stand united when the very freedoms we were supposedly defending from the terrorists were being stripped away before my eyes--not by terrorists, but by fellow Americans?
Old 31st Oct 2001, 10:31 AM   #6
The_Fur
Back in black

Sarcastic

Quote:
“You both know I’m a journalist,” I said.

“Yeah, you said you were working on a story about airport security,” the guardsman said. “What do you want to do, give away our security positions to the enemy?”
Christ these people are stupid, that's home/in-bred American for you.

"Ignorance, and admiration arising from ignorance, are the parents of devotion and obedience"
-Dostoyevski
The_Fur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 11:27 AM   #7
phatcat
akward cat

Exclamation

HELLO PEOPLE!!

this is what happens to a nation when they get terrorist attacked.

people are still freaked out here. your gonna see ALOT more stories like this that are going to make you roll your eyes

to early to tell if this Homeland security thing is going to turn us into a police state, or just be a annoyance.
phatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 11:36 AM   #8
jaymian
Sweet Merciful Crap!

National Guardsman are a damn joke. They're taking advantage of the situation to show what little power they have. They are soooooo pathetic. They are unarmed. I can't see myself flying for a long time. This is rediculous. I'd be too busy laughing at those retards to take a good picture of their stupid asses.
Jaymian
Old 31st Oct 2001, 11:56 AM   #9
McMuffin
The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator

uhh... I think Jaeg is acting suspiciously... can you please ban him?
[19:45] <Geno|Morp> I'm a scottish national rock-thrower disguised as a clown who molests children!
McMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 01:17 PM   #10
Keiichi
Old Timer

Sarcastic

Apparently, not fitting in with the norm is now a crime. Go figure...

This whole thing reminds me of the widespread expulsions of any individuals wearing trenchcoats after the Columbine massacre.

-Keiichi

"These things are great! They're like sex, except I'm having them!" - Fry, Futurama

"We both know you won't get half-way to Vergon 6 before 'The Craving' sets is. Then you'll come crawling back for another taste of sweet, sweet candy." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"Well, a doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable....while they die." - Doc, Red vs Blue
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:00 PM   #11
Keganator
White as Snow Moderator

Gah! Jaeg is one of them!

This article makes me want to go to the airport and start taking notes about the security checkpoint, just so see what would happen.

--|| Sluggy Freelance || The Infiltration Forum Guidelines || Kegnet || Clan Phoenix Rising ||--
PsychoMoogieBagpuss: "...we are implementing an updated [forum] policy."
ZenPirate: "I suggested that we not only ban [offenders], but also ban the forumer next to them."
Arethusa: "So you're (at least largely) a diest?" NTKB: "No im a logical thinking christian"
Keganator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:16 PM   #12
phatcat
akward cat

I love how people on this fourm jump up and down when they see stuff like this

guys, its to soon after the attacks to think "this is how it will be"

you need to give it a year before you start evaluating it. well eccept for communism, no matter what thats always wrong (little shot @ rouge )
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:22 PM   #13
RogueLeader
Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"

/me declares another jihad on phatcat

KILL THE INFIDEL!!!

(j/k)

<SaraP> I have no interest in putting pocky, of any flavor, in my panties
RogueLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:27 PM   #14
Goat Fucker
No Future!

You cant give this a year Phatty, in this situation in particular, we need to be extra vigilent, and act twice as fast when someone does wish to decrease our freedom, this is the perfect scenario anyone who wants to take freedom onorder to atcheave it themselves could ever wish for, and it will be used/abused.
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:45 PM   #15
phatcat
akward cat

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Goat ****er
You cant give this a year Phatty, in this situation in particular, we need to be extra vigilent, and act twice as fast when someone does wish to decrease our freedom, this is the perfect scenario anyone who wants to take freedom onorder to atcheave it themselves could ever wish for, and it will be used/abused.
this is a weird one

the GOV is supposed to protect us. Its the reason we fourm groups. Protection and the hopes of power.

but...

we also want freedom?

how can you really be free and protected? its impossible. You need to give up freedoms to be more protected, and give up protection for more freedom.

the US has now slammed right in the middle of the breaking point of freedom and protection.

note: those who can protect do it for either power over those they protect or empathy for those who can't protect themselfs. unfortunatly most do it for the power trip

we are at a crossroads here, ARGGG!!!!!

*phatcat gets stomped by Rouge's Midget Army*
Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:52 PM   #16
RogueLeader

Freedom and protection are one and the same. You can't give up freedom and be protected. Governments over the last 100 years killed 170 million innocent people in democides and genocides according to the University of Hawaii; I don't trust things that commit a Halocaust every decade to protect me.

Old 31st Oct 2001, 03:58 PM   #17
Goat Fucker
No Future!

I'll rather have freedom than fake protection, and dont try to tell me that a Government can give protection, heard about a thing called police? heard about a thing called crime? the two co-exists just fine, and that is what they call protection?...just give me my freedom, and i'll keep myself safe, its better than beeing a slave and still not being safe.
Old 31st Oct 2001, 05:02 PM   #18
phatcat
akward cat

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by RogueLeader
Freedom and protection are one and the same. You can't give up freedom and be protected. Governments over the last 100 years killed 170 million innocent people in democides and genocides according to the University of Hawaii; I don't trust things that commit a Halocaust every decade to protect me.
bahhh... your throwing around your RL rhetoric.

Freedom and Protection ARE NOT the same.

example if I put a fish in a bowl its save and can be easily cared for. but the fish has only about a few inches of swimming space. Now if I take that same fish and introduce it to a pond, it has tremendous freedoms but its fellow fish also have the same freedom to eat him

Which is my biggest problem with Anarchy. I like the idea of no GOV. Total freedom. wooo... happy days, cartwheels and such.

HOWEVER

who is going to protect me?
no one. Its up to me.

and what if people start banning together? start little gangs of bandits, or for groups of protection? DOH'
we got GOV again

so IMO Freedom and Protection are on the slide bar of life. you get one or the other. sacrificing Freedom for Protection.

As for Goat fu*ker
I'm going to tell you that the GOV can give protection. but they don't have to. and if they don't. well they won't put up with it. whats the point of GOV if they are not going to protect you from others and yourslef?

the enemy is not always that other GOV, sometimes its the people next door who are just insane

hrmm.. as for this comment

Quote:
just give me my freedom, and i'll keep myself safe, its better than beeing a slave and still not being safe.
I think the bonus putting your protection in another persons hands is just that. its out of your hands. Gives you more time for other things, arts, science, ect. Do you really think we could get to where we are today if the protection was left up to indviduals?

Now I do like limited Protection by the GOV. boarder security here, a cop or two yeah. Gives me time to play some games and goto college without the worry about getting my brains blown out. when the GOV starts to cramp my style and takes away my time for personal advancement (recreation,arts, science) that I have a problem with.

I can stand metal detecter here, and a X-ray there. but when we start getting into cammeras @ home, more police carry'n large gunz, and my ablity to speak my mind. I have a problem.
Old 31st Oct 2001, 05:08 PM   #19
RogueLeader

You still didn't address why you consider the government a protector. Asking the government to save you is like asking Hitler to babysit your Jewish baby. No government in history has cared about its people, only itself. The genocidal history of the 20th century is proof of that.

Old 31st Oct 2001, 05:30 PM   #20
Zundfolge

Quote:
I think the bonus putting your protection in another persons hands is just that. its out of your hands. Gives you more time for other things, arts, science, ect.
If you put your own protection in the hands of another, then you just gave them complete control over you. In fact part of the job of "protecting" you will require that your freedoms be limited.

The power to protect you is equal to the power to kill you.

Quote:
Do you really think we could get to where we are today if the protection was left up to indviduals?
The main reason the standard of living in the US is what it is today is because for the better part of 2 centuries people who lived in the US where charged with their own protection and thus given complete dominion over their own fates.

Quote:
bahhh... your throwing around your RL rhetoric.
I'm gonna have to side with Rogue on this one (and Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin and the rest of the founding fathers who built our system of government with what he's saying in mind)...it's not a choice between safety and freedom. freedom IS safety.
Zundfolge is offline   Reply With Quote