News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic > Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting

Old 13th Oct 2001, 04:00 AM   #1
natty82

3D Prophet 4500 flickering problem

First thing I did when I got this cool card installed was load up ctf-face. Everything looked awesome, and I had about a 30 fps jump from my tnt2 ultra card. Anyways.... then my stomach sank because the planet floated around and there was tearing and flickering around the edges, not small either. This was in d3d mode. Then I got bored and decided to try opengl and use the compressed textures. Which I got to work but the tearing is still there and now it also tears on buildings and such at distances..... any ideas?

ohh, I have the newest drivers, directx and all that jazz. I'm sure there is just something I'm not thinking of.
natty82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2001, 07:15 PM   #2
SER|AL K|LLER

Cos UT was based around the ****e known as 3dfx you gotta turn on "linear mipmap linear filtering."
SER|AL K|LLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Wedge Man

I had flickering with Rouge Spear and..

I was able to fix a really bad flickering and tearing problem that I had with all my direct3D games such as Rogue Spear and Project IGI. I had to go into the BIOS and increase the AGP aperture from 64 to 256 even though I only have 128MB of RAM.

Don't be afraid to try this if other measures fail. It can be changed back if you want.

Wedge Man
Wedge Man is offline   Reply With Quote