Help!! PlayerStart Actor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

fallingcow

Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
I need to figure out how to place a PlayerStart actor. No matter how big I make a room, the log window gives me an "Actor doesn't fit there" warning. It's very hard to make a level without a playerstart.

Here's what i get in the log window:

Cmd: ACTOR ADD CLASS=PlayerStart
Log: addactor
Warning: Actor doesn't fit there

THe place that i'm trying to add this is a hollow cube that is 10000x10000x10000, which i think is big enough for a playerstart; the tutorial said 512 was big enough.

Thanks for any help on this!

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
you need to start by subtracting space rather than adding. the world isn't empty, it's full and you need to carve out of it.
you can subtract a huge area and add into it if thats how you're used to things.
don't forget to put a light in there and rebuild.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Originally posted by fallingcow
the wireframe in the 3d window are pink , the ones in the other three windows are brown or red

If the wire frame is red, pink or brown then it is just the builder brush, you havent added or subtracted it yet. you have to hit one of these buttons first. you have to subtract to make a room first otherwise you will be adding a solid brush to a solid.

fallingcow

Oct 2, 2001
Visit site
or not... now when i validate the level it says that "Class PlayerPawnExt's parent is out of date" and that the scripts need to be rebuilt...