|26th Sep 2001, 06:38 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep. 23rd, 2001
Lots of questions...
I've built a tower and it was done yesterday... later I built something nearby it and then i noticed that the tower had been subject to a big clipping error that is visible through allmost half of it.... so what do you think I should do about it?
1. Delete the entire tower right away and rebuild it (sob...),
2. delete it and rebuild it when everything else is done,
3. Try to fix it by adjusting some of its brushes and recompiling over and over again,
4. try to save the brushes and rebuild it by using the old brushes,
5. try to save the entire tower as one brush (don't know if it's possible) and re-use it,
6. don't do anything of it because the level will most likely be too damaged - so discard the entire level???
What can cause clipping anyway and how do I prevent it from happening?
This is no poll, it's just that I wanna show that I've thaught about my options. If you happen to know a good sollution to my problem please tell me.
Some other questions:
I've started wondering if there is any funktion that makes the builderbrush take the shape and position of any highlighted brush. That could be useful if I was to ajust some brushes positions and shapes.
(Following questions are fps related)
What is better, having one brush with a complicated shape or several brushes that add up to that complicated shape?
Should the sizes of brushes better be based on the binary number system (1,2,4,8,16,32 and so on) or doesn't it matter?
What about the angle of a brush, is there a difference in fps if I have placed a lot of brushes in 43, 234 or 194 degree angles rather then 45, 90, 180?
Thanks for reading this =), many thanks if you answer some of my questions...
|26th Sep 2001, 07:16 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov. 28th, 2000
...if I remember correctly.
You can also Copy from Brush.