Questions about Assault mode - changing timelimit?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Daniel" KaMi

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Is there anyway to up the timelimit/fraglimit/whatever in Assault games. when defending teh base on the beach level it's over in like 1.5 minutes. I'd like to sit there forever and do that fun sniping. Is there a console command or something?

kami

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
i think the way it works is that the red team attacks frist. the amount of time it takes the red team is then the amount of time the blue team has to attack. IE red HAS 5 mins at start and beat lev in 3 mins. Level then restarts and blue has only 3 mins to attack. makes sense since if blue takes longer they loose

BirddoG

Nov 20, 1999
Visit site
ya i wanna change the time limit too. ill look but i doubt it
its the style of the game eh
you gotta beat it real quick. EPIC spent ALOT of time playin the levs and game modes so whatever they did its for the best

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
It wouldn't matter what the time limit is in Assault, even if you could change it. Say you changed it to 60 mins, but the attackers suceed their objective in 1 min, than the map would have to change anyways, and you will now attack. Now you'll only have 1 min because, in order to win, you must beat the attackers previous record time.

If you want to snip forever, maybe you can make uneven teams, or unskilled bots, so that the attackers can't accomplish the mission as quickly.

Badass

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Good defense should win on ASOverlord. No way it should last less than 2:00 minutes! Anyhow, servers are proably running it in Hardcore mode instead of Classic mode.

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Today, I was play an Assault map with a bunch of newbie for awhile. A bunch of blue team were fighting it out, and 50% friendly fire was enabled!!!!

I was on the blue team, frantically typing "same team, same team!!!" (I didn't have it speech binded; didn't think i needed it). Eventually, they realized they were killing their team member, hehe.

BadAss

Status
Not open for further replies.