TNT2/SBlive "New Actor" Error? HELP!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I will try that. I do in fact have three simms, one 64 and two 32s, so maybe trying it with one or the other will help. We'll see....

Thanks again...

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Hi there, after playing UT for about a day or two, the program exits (at
seemingly random times)I keep getting this error:
Critical Error:

New actor channel received non-open packet: 0/1/1

History: InitialClientActor <- UActorChannel::RecievedBunch <- (Actor None)
<- UChannel::ReceivedSequenceBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch
<- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <-
UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <-
UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <-
UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

This ONLY seems to happen during multiplay... HOWEVER, it also happens
during Wheel Of Time Multiplay, so it must be aug in UT engine netcode of
some kind...

System spec:
Celeron 333
Aopen AX6BC
128 Meg ram
Diamond V770 - TNT2
SB Live (EAX Enabled OR Disabled, don't matter)...
Directx7, latest drivers...

ANY help at ALL would be appreciated.

ALSO, I am behind a sygate server, v2.0, with no special settings for UT (although it works fine until crashing ).

BobCat

Nov 30, 1999
Fishkill, NY, USA
Visit site
I have had similar problems while doing the single play. In the middle of a game, it will jump out to the Win98 desktop with no warning with a similar error message. It seems to be random. A friend of mine has expirenced the same thing. We both have the Creative Labs TNT2 Ultra and SBlive with LiveWire 3.0 We are currently using the SB drivers for the TNT2. If we play a 1-on-1 modem game using Dial-up Adapter, we haven't had a problem. I have yet to play over the Net. Sorry no insights but I smell a patch a-comin'!!

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Well it's good to hear that someone is having the same problem, although weird that it is a single player problem with you guys. Also, it seems the SBlive and TNT2 Ultra are having problems together with UT games. I was curious, is there an email to send bug reports to Epic?

Rob

Akaimizu

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Don't forget to let people know what your memory setup is. This is often more important than your Video card/Sound Card setup.

Apparently, I had similar problems when I had 3 PC66 rated 32Meg sims. So I was taking up 3 sim slots for 96 megs. Not all of the memory was rated the same speed (Doh!). Well, many applications don't have problems with this. Unreal, however, had big problems with this. I was getting everything from dropping out of the game. To all sorts of actor/GPF errors. To a real strange case whih locked all USER input (no keyboard or mouse input registered), but allowed my computer to run fine, otherwise.

To make a long story short. I got rid of that ram and replaced it with 64 megs of PC100. Plan to get another PC100 64 meg sim of the exact same type and speed. Well, UT runs perfectly now with no bugs whatsoever. The random or strange errors are basically caused by Page Faults. Writing into memory that doesn't belong, or getting trapped into writing to wrong addresses. Win 98 is partially to blame, but this warning to let you know, be careful of that RAM. It's an issue that people don't speak enough about.

By the way, I gave UT the overnight test. 8+ hours of straight running, no crashes, no problems, no noticible memory leaks. From Single Player/ to Multiplayer/ to Chat/ etc. All due to getting my Memory straight. That night, I think UT ran for over 10 hours, but I had come out and back in. The 8+ hours was in one run, without exiting the program. Though I did task switch to my desktop during that time used my web browser, and back.

-- Akaimizu

Status
Not open for further replies.