holy Crap!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

666_YmPrEgNaToR

YmPrEgNaToR
Jul 25, 2001
thetourny.homestead.com
I can't wait for U2, Kill Skaarj tribes, command Merc. Dudes and fight alongside the skaarj! hehehe, Plus, using my new system, 256 sdRAM , a shiny GeForce3, and SantaCruz Soundcard will kick ass! hehehe:D

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
wonder how the communication will go, in unreal 1 they couldn't speak, in ut they transformed the regualar man voice
Doesn't seem right, in unreal 1 you needed the translater to read skaarjs texts, and now they speak english?
anyway, perhaps i'm just being picky, but they made a mistake there, lets hope the'll fix it somehow in unreal ][

Synastren

Explodious!
Jun 22, 2001
KU
Maybe the headset has a translator
Or Did you factor in they were "Skaarj Hybrids"?
Not totally skaarj.
:D

666_YmPrEgNaToR

YmPrEgNaToR
Jul 25, 2001
thetourny.homestead.com
Mabey thay don't talk english, they just understand it. Oh did you see what the Skaarj look like, friggin Buffed!, and they have different tribes [factions] that sport different cool looking tatooes. hehehehe

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Skaarj Hybrids: genetic experiments bred specifically as gladiators for the tournament. My theory is that after winning the Human-Skaarj wars (at least I assume we did), we combined captured skaarj DNA with human DNA, strictly to build a better (and easier to control?) fighting machine for profit. Its doubtful these poor beasts know anything of their true heritage.

666_YmPrEgNaToR

YmPrEgNaToR
Jul 25, 2001
thetourny.homestead.com
Cool Theory, probally true to. Here is mine... Since the collapse of the Skaarj race, evalution took place seamingly Quickly, the captured skaarj quickly understood the human language, developed more fighting skills, then finally the tournament began, with the lack of contestants, these "Hybrids" were brougt to the scene, making the tournament once again Human vs. Skaarj conflict.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Hmm, maybe, but I don't think the skaarj race actually collapsed (after all, they're returning in U][), but rather we just drove them back to their own territory. Of course, I have no documentation to back this up. So sue me:p .

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
If you wanna have some UNREAL Skaarj fun, do the following;

(hey, trust me on this one. Just make sure you have a beafy system)

Load up oldskool (f.ex.), open the map "trench".
It IS possible to spawn over 200 Skaarj in that map. I'm not kidding.
Skaarj already look pretty mean and cool in unreal. I can't wait for unreal2 :D

Just fire up an unreal map with Skaarj (duh) type "playersonly" and "behindview 1". Now stand next to a Skaarj warrior. :D

Apr 7, 2001
England
Visit site
Some good therys here it would be cool if one of them was right. I think that the Skarj's really one the human- Skarj war and they took some of the best humans to fight against them and we learned there language. But there was a Skarj rebelion and they brok off into tribes. Just something that popped into my head :D

Status
Not open for further replies.