Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 25th Aug 2001, 08:34 AM   #1
NTKB
Banned

Question Question!

Ok I have a question. I have an image I would like to appear in my signature but it says HTML is off but IMG is on. I have the image in my hard drive. Please explain like you are talking to a cave man how to do it, but I do know HTML if that is required. I will post the image below. But again I would like it in my signature. Thank you.

"Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent." -Dionysius of Halicarnassus
NTKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 08:56 AM   #2
Farouk
Adept

This kind of post should have gone into the offtopic forum. There is already a thread (sticky at the top) about signature stuff.

Go there and make a post with the pic from your harddrive as attachment. (Your Angelfire webspace is obviously not good for pic hosting).
After that, copy and paste the URL of that attached pic into your signature and put the image tags around it (img)...URL...(/img)
Of course you have to use the [] brackets instead of these ()
Farouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 09:02 AM   #3
St0rmcaller
[AFA]'s unoffical godfather

Hey private, you seriously a MArine?

AFA Message Board
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Ben Franklin
-To believe in the life of Love, to walk in the way of Honor, and to serve in the light of Truth...
-When the soldier gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
St0rmcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 09:38 AM   #4
Antedeluge
I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.

I don't know if he's a real Marine St0rm, but he sure likes to talk about them. I played with him last night and although he was using his 203 for relatively close range encounters he was doing it without a scope.

P.S. My MP5 was owning hardcore, you may have to shape him up.

Online callsign: {PhD}Ark_Builder
http://www.phragdoctors.net/
Antedeluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 09:48 AM   #5
St0rmcaller

No worries. If he really is one of mine, I'll have to school him.

AFA Message Board
-To believe in the life of Love, to walk in the way of Honor, and to serve in the light of Truth...
-When the soldier gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting, sir. I've served my time in Hell."
Old 25th Aug 2001, 11:05 AM   #6
NTKB
Banned

ok

I figured it out. Thank you anyway for the tremendous help...
And no I am not a real marine, i couldnt join because I am too fat and have a sickness where its practically impossible to lose wieght. And before anyone starts talking trash I suggest you think about other peoples circumstances and be kind. It has been a dream of mine to join the Marines a long time... unfortunately I cannot.

"Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent." -Dionysius of Halicarnassus
Old 25th Aug 2001, 11:17 AM   #7
St0rmcaller

I'm not going to trash talk you, but I am going to correct you in your sig.

It is not the MArine Corps Hymn. It is the Marine's Hymn. It may seem like nit picking to some of you but is important to us jarheads.

Love, peace, and chicken grease!

AFA Message Board
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:19 PM   #8
Harpoon

I try to post the image on these forums and link to it, but it just ignores the [img] tags and just has the link to a new window with my image in it. See my sig:
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:27 PM   #9
Sup?
GHOST Commander

If you are uploading the image from Angelfire, which it looks like you are trying to do, then you are out of luck (I think). Angelfire for some reason won't allow it.

http://www.teamGHOST.com
Sup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:33 PM   #10
Farouk
Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Harpoon
I try to post the image on these forums and link to it, but it just ignores the [img] tags and just has the link to a new window with my image in it. See my sig:
try to put a ".jpg" directly (without quotes or any space) behind that URL within the image tags. It should work.
Though I am not a master on signatures as I don't use any and even hide other people's ones so that I don't see them.
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:38 PM   #11
"Sp!ke"

This is not ment to be insensitive but what sickness is that. Serious question.
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:38 PM   #12
Sup?
GHOST Commander

http://www.teamGHOST.com
Sup? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:44 PM   #13
NTKB
Banned

I read you sir! Ill fix it IMMEDIATELY. Its ok to ask. I have a number of problems. My metabolism is very low and you might say excercise but I have problems in my joints so I cannot excercise. Its a no win situation. Im currently trying to do swimming but its painful. Its my knees. I eat about 1500 calories a day mostly vegetables and still weigh over 350 lbs.

Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:45 PM   #14
Farouk
Adept

Edit:
Sup! as you edited your message I think my response isn't needed either.

Nope, doesn't work as I thought with the .jpg extension.

Last edited by Farouk; 25th Aug 2001 at 02:25 PM.
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:48 PM   #15
"Sp!ke"

ok , just wondering.
btw.got depressed while reading youre reply....
Old 25th Aug 2001, 01:56 PM   #16
NTKB
Banned

Its ok ive been blessed with a very intelligent brain ( 130 IQ ) so it sorta makes up for it. Plus although I am fat I am tall ( 6'' ) and I have a beautiful wife who supports me. So im OK dont feel bad

Old 25th Aug 2001, 07:49 PM   #17
CrappyChan
Come on snow!

err 130 huh... what so great about that? Anywho nice Angelfire sig. Try using homestead, its what i use.

Signature by Dakin
CrappyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Aug 2001, 08:00 PM   #18
NTKB
Banned

80=Average IQ of Americans
100=Average IQ of Japanese (not making this up)
120+=Genius IQ
140+=Supra Genius IQ
130 is my last test. Ive had as high as 167 IQ. Depends on the test and the mental state you are in.
My family has high IQs also. My mother has 182 and my father 186. My brother and sister are not as fortunate as us though

Old 26th Aug 2001, 07:31 AM   #19
MeckonOmega
Meckon (Mech-on)

if you are serious, why don't you take up medicine with your smarts, and try to find a cure/solution to your problems, I know its not that easy. but I mean hey, why not?

and no, this is not a cheap shot, my mom has something wron with her "thyroid gland" or something, and so its hard for her to lose wait. Also, my buds brother has the same problem, he eats the same as his brother, and he's 30 pounds more then him, and 6 inches shorty
MeckonOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2001, 07:34 AM   #20
MeckonOmega
Meckon (Mech-on)

ps

I also have asperations for the Armed Forces, but I'm worried because I'm going to need "orthotics" (sp) soon, and I'm worried about wether or not I'll be permitted to where them in the army..
MeckonOmega is offline   Reply With Quote