Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 26th Jul 2001, 05:45 PM   #1
LoTekK
Peon

aiming question

i'm guessing this might be in the online manual, but i haven't been able to access that (keep getting an asp error... anyways, i was wondering if there was any real disadvantage to going around with your weapon up, aside from a slight reduction in situational awareness... so far, i haven't really noticed a difference, so i was hoping someone could enlighten me...

cheers,
teck
LoTekK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2001, 07:38 PM   #2
poaw
You used to sleep easy at night.

No disadvantages.
poaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2001, 07:38 PM   #3
Mason
Self appointed voice of reason

The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that with your weapon up all the time, you are able to acquire your target and shoot faster than if you first have to raise the weapon. When I play, I almost always keep my weapon up in the aim position, I just aim 'down' a little so it doesn't obscure my vision as much.

"I do not feel obligated to believe that the same God who endowed us
with sense, reason and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use"- Galileo
--May the souls of all those who have lost their lives on 9-11-01 rest easy with the love and sorrow expressed by a largely mournful world.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2001, 08:59 PM   #4
the vrrc
noexistant user

With scoped weapons, you need to keep it down or else your vision is... eh, just try running around with a scoped M16 in Tiger Hunt with 10+skaarjs coming at you.
Old 26th Jul 2001, 09:04 PM   #5
LoTekK
Peon

thanks

thanks guys,

for exactly the reason vrrc mentioned, i usually grab a non-scoped weapon and run around with it aimed down like amson said... honestly speaking, that's how i normally handle weapons in real life anyways... stock seated at the shoulder, weapon at low-ready, and at contact first burst normally aimed "over the sights" (as opposed to through them)... again, thanks guys, just needed to know...

cheers,
teck
LoTekK is offline   Reply With Quote