Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 20th Jul 2001, 09:44 PM   #1
Mac_Fodder
Just 1 more post.

Thumbs up Macintosh Infiltration Bot Tweaker

Hey all,

It's here. It took me a while some of you helped, if you did thank you. You know who you are.

There are some issues. Read the Read Me, it explains them all and talks about future plans. Some of the issues are limitaions of the tools that I used, others are things that I have not gotten a chance to optimize yet. But you can now edit your Bots on a Mac.

I'm tired, Going to get a beer and not sit infornt of a computer for a while.

Enjoy

Here are the screen shots.
Skills Screen

Details Screen

Go to my puny web page to download.
Mac_Fodder's Place
Mac_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2001, 10:33 PM   #2
Harpoon

Hello? Macintosh owners?

*hears voice echo in empty thread*
Old 20th Jul 2001, 10:36 PM   #3
BrownyMan
Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?

Well...

Thanks a lot man, I really appricate it.
BrownyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:04 AM   #4
erehwoN
The Bass Ackwards BTL

Thanks again Mac_Fodder, it helps a lot of us out immensly. Take a break for a for a while, drink a couple beers, and have some quality time with your girlfriend.
Oh, and Harpoon, shut the f*ck up. There are many more macters than you think.
And browny man, you stole my sig idea a long time ago in the infopop forums, right?

In Hoc Signo Vinces.
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol.
AFA's Homepage :: New AFA Forums :: INF's Official IRC- irc.gamesurge.net #Infiltration
erehwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:58 AM   #5
Chronic
unƒuckwithable

Thnx Mac Fodder. Sorry I didn't get around to beta testing for you man, keep me up to date with the next version and I'll help. The mac community loves you man!

And Harpoon, you posted less than an hour after this thread way started. Get a life.
Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 01:21 AM   #6
Dank
Mac Guru

Cool s<b></b>hit Mac_Fodder good job !

Mac users unite !

Disagreeably damp or humid.

A moist place in a field, possibly akin to damp or to daggle dew.
Damp; moist; humid; wet.

Now that the fields are dank and ways are mire. --Milton.
Dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 01:25 AM   #7
GunGirl
A Female Gamer, Imagine that!

hmmm

thanks a lot Fodder, now that I'm back on my Mac, I'll put that to good use
GunGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 06:27 AM   #8
crash*
no job too small, no fee too large

Mac Fodder, you're mah h3r0!
I'll buy this round.
Old 21st Jul 2001, 07:26 AM   #9
JaFO
bugs are features too ...

If only someone could program a Linux-version, then all the OS'es would have at least one bot-tweaker/editor-thingy ...
JaFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 11:47 AM   #10
Mac_Fodder
Just 1 more post.

Update

Opps. I have a quick update for all of you. I just noticed that on Details screen the bot number is off by 1. I posted an update to the MIBT on my site. Now if you already downloaded it and have it runnin you don't need to download the version that comes with Dialog Director. Also the bug is purely cosmetic and does not affect the the final file when you actually quit. So there is no real need to download if you don't want to

It's jsut nice to have the numbers on the editors screen match each other and match those that are in the file.

Also I glad you all seem to be so excited. It definetly makes it worth it. I hope this thread doesn't get lost before all the Mac folks get a chance to get a hold of it.

Chronic, No worries. I still have you down as a tester for the next release. Though I'm sure that will be a little while. I know how busy people get. I just wanted to get it out before the end of the weekend so that I could reach the max number of folks. Figuring most peole are like me and really only get a chance to post and read on the weekends.

JaF0, I'm sure the community could sucker some linux guy to thinking it's easy and they they could do it, real quick. There has to be at least one that is a naive as I was.

Now unless some one has any real problems with the app I'm under strict orders not to touch the code for the next week. Though I'm thinking I may be able to develop some of the stuff with out actually going into the MIBT code and then just graft it on. Technically that would be allowed. Right, Right.
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:01 PM   #11
Harpoon

Geez guys, calm down, you don't have to transform into bitch mode. The post was at the bottom, so I replied and brought it up so some people could see it. Whats the problem here?
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:45 PM   #12
Mac_Fodder
Just 1 more post.

HOLD UP

This is a happy day, erehwo|\| had something riding on this thing since he ended up being my beta tester and justed read it wrong. Hell I did the first time, but it just didin't make any sense. Why would some complain. So I reread and saw the light. Anyways, I think it's just a missunderstanding, I'm pretty sure that no one meant to get angry.

Harpoon thank you for initially bumping it up to the top. Funny part was I must of posted it right before a bunch of post on other threads came in. Because all of his took place in less than an hour after I created the thread.

And erehwo|\| thanks for looking out for us Mac folks. Though I think you may have jumped the gun a bit.

Now everyone take a deep breath and and kill some smart bots.
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:47 PM   #13
Elite_Soldier
-Malice-

Talking Thanks Mac_Fodder

Thanks alot for this excellent utility. I'm sorry I could never get around to fully beta testing it though. It does work, rest assured

I'll try to help as much as I can next version. I am working now, so like you I only have free time generally on weekends.

erehwo|\|, thanks for pointing me too this as well!
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Elite_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 12:54 PM   #14
Ace[INF]
Living it up.

Thumbs up

Kick ass dude!

"...they toned down the power of the tanks way too far. I mean, it's harder to take out Chinese food." - poaw
Ace[INF] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 01:06 PM   #15
Ace[INF]
Living it up.

how embarrassing..

um, i can't make it work. i get an error that says:

Quote:
«script» doesn't understand the «event DiDi Init» message.
i swear i followed the ridiculously easy directions, but apparently i redefine idiot. would someone kindly help me?

"...they toned down the power of the tanks way too far. I mean, it's harder to take out Chinese food." - poaw
Old 21st Jul 2001, 03:22 PM   #16
Mac_Fodder
Just 1 more post.

DiDi Init error

Usually it means you didn't get Dialog Director installed correctly. Just follow the Dialog Director installation instructions again. You don't need to reboot after you put the the Dialog Director Scripting Addition in the Scripting Addition Folder.Though it I would suggest you do just to make sure everything is Kosher.

You may also want to try rebuilding your Desktop to make sure that the Mac is keeping proper track of the file you have installed and where they are.

I'll try to generate the error here but I'm pretty sure that what it means. I also trapped it so I'm not sure why you would get it as opposed to my error which is a lot more discriptive. It could be that AppleScript is a little messed up. Some times when I was testing it would decied that it could not find anything in the file that was being edited. Though a reboot would solve it just fine.

Good luck and let me know if that doesn't fix it.

Last edited by Mac_Fodder; 21st Jul 2001 at 04:09 PM.
Old 21st Jul 2001, 06:26 PM   #17
erehwoN
The Bass Ackwards BTL

Sorry guys, I did jump the gun a little, but I just get pissed when 13 year old brats (not necessarily you Harpoon) that think they know everything (I'm not saying I do) and dis macs because it is "cool" to do. Most of them don't know what the hell they are talking about and/or have never used one. I will again use my favorite adage about pc vs. mac: When someone buys a BMW, you don't tell them..."You shoulda gotten yerself a Ford, they are cheaper and have more horsepower." Sorry, I am a little pissed right now. I do need to kill some smart bots.

Oh, Ace are you sure that you put the DD into the closed System Folder?

In Hoc Signo Vinces.
Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol.
AFA's Homepage :: New AFA Forums :: INF's Official IRC- irc.gamesurge.net #Infiltration
erehwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2001, 11:54 PM   #18
Borgiax
Mytho Mili Grave

Yeah, Mac rulez ;-)

I'm really glad UT has been optimized for Glide... at least my old Voodoo 3 is still worth something. A good thing I upgraded the processor from G3/233 to G3/350, and 192MB of RAM help too.
Borgiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2001, 03:10 PM   #19
Ace[INF]
Living it up.

As I said earlier, I did install it correctly. It seems that restarting solved the problem. Can't wait to try it in-game! Thx Mac Fodder! Kick ass! (again)

Old 22nd Jul 2001, 10:23 PM   #20
Mac_Fodder
Just 1 more post.

Thumbs up Glad it's working

Ace,
I'm glad you got it working. I figured that it was just a reboot, though there is also a key that when you hit it and drop stuff on the closed sys folder it wont auto route the files. Though I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. It may also be some extra utility that I have installed, it just aslway seems to do it when I really don't want it to. But i'm glad it was just a reboot.

AppleScript seems to have problems sometimes with memory corruption. The weired part is that it doesn't cause a full system crash like in most other programs and extensions, it just does stuff like not loading Scripting Additions and other weired stuff. I've noticed that it's especially a problem when you load up your system memory to it's limits and then free it up again. Like turning UT on and off again. One time while I was testing, appleScript decided that is was going to read the file but not actually parse it. So it loaded up the app and there were not bots. I was working with the part that loads the bots and I was sure that I had broken it in some way.
I got so disgusted with it I killed power to my machine. When I rebooted it worked fine. I haven't had any errors since then but I guess when in doubt reboot.

One other thing. Just like DLL, and JaFO's bot tweakers, you can't edit bots while UT is running and expect the changes to take effect. UT seems to only parse those files when it loads them up at launch. I'll have to test it when I get a chance.