Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 1st Jun 2001, 04:27 PM   #1
Dupre
Code Pimp

Inf Lite = the return to 2.75?

Hey, kudos to the team for bringing back a reincarnation of the old times. Although sometimes I'm hitting the keys to lean out of reflex, Inf Lite really does bring back the memories.

Will droppable ammo and map level items return to the mutator in the near future?

"No," replied the Irishman. "I've lost all me luggage!"

"How'd that happen?"

"The cork fell out!" said the Irishman.
Dupre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2001, 04:45 PM   #2
Bad Dream
Nightmare

I hope they do bring map items back. I think it should have two modes... a mode where you choose your loadout (like it is now, but people have different loadouts) and one where you pick weapons up off the ground.
You may think it's unfair.

Where are you going?
You and your team.
I'm coming to get you,
I am the Bad Dream!
Bad Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2001, 05:25 PM   #3
NotBillMurray
It's Suntory Time!

I know that one update said they were going to have a dedicated coder to bring more features to INFLite. It seems reasonable that map items will be one of the options, probably a toggle.

Here's my thumbs up to Infiltration. Playing AS-Overlord was NEVER this much fun!
NotBillMurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2001, 12:17 PM   #4
Snakeye
Mk82HD

Question INF Lite Suggestions

I've played some INF Lite that weekend, and found some little things I'd suppose should be changed - I think some of these are already worked on, but I'll mention them anyway:

- weapons position:
the weapons position with UT models is not the best for most of them. I don't know how far this is changeable, but I hope it can be altered.

- same key for reload/weapon modes/attachment as in INF:
right now I always have to reset my key configuration in INF/INF Lite because setting them in one game erases my key bindings for the other - since I prefer using the same keys.

- option to change loadout during round and loadouts for individual bots:
Right now I have hit ESC everytime I want to change my loadout, some addition to the voice menu like in INF would be good.
Also giving individual bots special loadouts would seem fine for me.

- pick-up weapons were already mentioned..

The last one is a strange problem:
Everytime I play AS-HiSpeed the game locks - I don't know why, but it only happens there and with INF-Lite..

INF-Lite is great fun though, it really brings back 275 times..

Snakeye

'the elders tell of a young ball much like you. he bounced three meters in the air, then he bounced one point eight meters in the air, then he bounced four meters in the air. do I make myself clear?!'

'anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing'
Snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2001, 01:24 PM   #5
Kisen_K
S&M Airlines

The old 2.75 were kinda like "action inf"
Old 6th Jun 2001, 10:09 AM   #6
Xenomorph
Death Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by Snakeye
- same key for reload/weapon modes/attachment as in INF:
right now I always have to reset my key configuration in INF/INF Lite because setting them in one game erases my key bindings for the other - since I prefer using the same keys.
I get the same problem when I switch between playing INF and TO.
Old 6th Jun 2001, 10:20 AM   #7
Snakeye
Mk82HD

Yes, I also experienced the problem with TO - before INF Lite came out I sometimes played TO, but after trying SF for 15 secs it didn't work anymore(I removed SF 30secs after trying it for 15secs..). Now that I have INF Lite I won't need any of them.

That the same key cannot be bound to two different function is logical - reload in TO isn't the same as in INF; but I suppose in INF Lite it could be the same as in INF.

One more funny thing I noticed when switching from INF to INF Lite:
After starting an AS in INF Lite(directly after playing INF) I started as INF soldier, with walking as standard speed. After resetting my character options and restarting UT everything worked fine again.

Snakeye

'the elders tell of a young ball much like you. he bounced three meters in the air, then he bounced one point eight meters in the air, then he bounced four meters in the air. do I make myself clear?!'

'anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing'
Snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2001, 10:58 AM   #8
ValleyFly
One Shot... One Kill!

INF Lite is the bomb!!! Whenever I wanna fire up a game and just kick ass without having to worry about too much realism... it's there with the click of a Mutator...he he he
But I do wish they would put the sounds back into Inf Lite that are in Infiltration 2.85.5! The M203 grenade launcher now sounds like a spud gun! Someone came up with a mutator that I downloaded for a compass in INF. This was a great idea especially when you get attacked and lose track of where you were heading. Only I can't get this thing to work AT ALL! Other than that... keep up the awsome MOD & MUT for Infiltration!
ValleyFly is offline   Reply With Quote