Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 21st Jul 1999, 11:08 AM   #1
Stryker

Mine weapons not exploding

If I try to use mines such as the proximity mines they do not explode when someone gets close to them. They will only explode if they are shot. It this normal?
Old 21st Jul 1999, 05:48 PM   #2
Warren

Re: Mine weapons not exploding

Ummm no.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] hmmm.. well the Claymore is proximity, but it fires at a 60 degree angle and will only detonate if someone is in that range. The Prox Mine will detonate at any approach angle.. However, niether mine will go off by the owner of the mine- so if you lay down a mine, you can't set it off.
Old 22nd Jul 1999, 08:29 AM   #3
Stryker

Well... I had a friend that I was gaming with walk up to several different mines I had layed down and they did not explode. We were playing deathmatch not team play so I think it should have exploded. I also noticed that the proximity mines appear to be ghost like. I can see through them. I figured that is how they are supposed to be.
Old 22nd Jul 1999, 01:10 PM   #4
Morag

Since you guys at infiltration are trying to make this game realistic I think the owner of the mine should be able to set the thing off because I dont think that mines can tell the difference between 2 people. So it might be a good idea for a ver. 2.2 if there is one made to make it so anyone can set off the prox mine or claymore
Old 22nd Jul 1999, 04:24 PM   #5
Catalyst

We had the proxmines and claymores being triggered by anyone but it is quite annoying when you lay down some mines only to have a team member stroll by and set them off. For this reason neither you or your teammates can accidently set off mines.
Old 23rd Jul 1999, 08:10 AM   #6
Stryker

I tried again last night to use the Proximity mines and Claymores. I was on a LAN game with my roommate and he could not set the mines off nor could the bots we had in the game. The mines would eventually explode on their own eventhough nobody was around them. We are playing an INF Deathmatch. We even made sure the team colors did not match. (we were not playing teams though
Old 23rd Jul 1999, 08:30 AM   #7
Warren

Hmm.. Did you try the other 2 game modes (classic and standoff) on your LAN? Did the mines work there?
Old 23rd Jul 1999, 09:16 AM   #8
Stryker

I tried it in Classic but not Stand Off. They do not seem to work in Classic either. I even tried dropping a few mines right in front of a group of enemies and they did not explode. (tried proximity and claymore mines)