Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 23rd Jul 1999, 02:56 PM   #1
Stryker

Mine problem details

I was able to determine today that human players can set off the mines that are layed, but bots dont. Mabey that will help you guys some.
Old 23rd Jul 1999, 04:31 PM   #2
Warren

Re: Mine problem details

This is very odd too because I've played many a botmatch that the bots have set off the mines no problem.. I will test this more though.. Are you talking if you play bots online WITH people, or just straight up botmatches?
Old 25th Jul 1999, 03:45 PM   #3
Stryker

I have not tried a normal bot match. We start a multiplayer game and add bots. Sometimes I have tried it with no other humans but myself though.
Old 26th Jul 1999, 09:52 AM   #4
Stryker

New INFO !!
Last night the bots were setting off the Claymores like the should. They still are not setting off the proximity mines though.
Old 26th Jul 1999, 11:35 AM   #5
Warren

hmm.. ok. now did they set off the claymores 100% of the time (from what you could see)?
Old 26th Jul 1999, 06:13 PM   #6
Stryker

From what I can tell they set it off only when they approached it from the front. If they walked through it from behind it did not go off.
Old 26th Jul 1999, 07:54 PM   #7
Warren

heh- ok.. the claymore is meant to detonate at a 60 degree angle. It will only go off if a bot or player is in this region. Have you noticed if a bot runs from behind the claymore through the front and it doesn't go off?
Old 27th Jul 1999, 09:01 PM   #8
Morag

Well I think I may have figured it out. At least with the proximity mines. Its kind of like goldeneye. When you first lay the mine you need to wait a while for the mine to prime itself then after that 1 or 2 second span it can blow up. Bots can walk all over the mines for a second or 2