Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 30th Jul 1999, 01:59 AM   #1
prism

try this map!! and other stuff ...

get DMZeitgeist ... now ... fantastic w/bots ...

also, have seen a few posts here and there about the player speed ... to me, this is the best part of this fantastic mod ... it truly does create a "thinking" game and simply blows away the rush-rush-rush of other DMs ...

the hyper-realistic nature of the weapons is great also ...

Old 30th Jul 1999, 02:28 AM   #2
Six

Re: try this map!! and other stuff ...

It is not that I cannot live with the existing game speed, BUT I still think that the major factor for using skills and thought in this mod is NOT the speed, but the fact that when you get killed, you do not come back before the next round! This is what makes me very carefully about my steps. Speed would only allow me to be able to have quicker reactions in a firefight and collect ammunition more effective before facing the enemy.

Six.

(sorry, is this what you do here: reply to each thread, or only once? excuse my inexperience)
Old 30th Jul 1999, 02:18 PM   #3
kamikazi

Normally you only reply to one thread with one thought, but I will forgive you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Thank you for stating my view, and, again six, you can react just as fast as before, you just can't dodge quite so well. This makes you strategize and get ready for facing the enemy rather than waiting for them and out maneuvering them. (which never works for me because my mouse always sticks!)

------------------

[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums!!
Old 30th Jul 1999, 02:35 PM   #4
prism

i see your point six, and it actually speaks to maybe a "bigger" point, which is that maybe it's the combination of all of these elements (the slower speed, the "one-life-per-round" aspect, the weapons modeled quite real, etc) which gives this mod it's unique feel - each of these elements bring things down to a more "real" level ...
Old 30th Jul 1999, 02:46 PM   #5
Bone

o yes..it is more realistic in STANDOFF mode.
try INF_SURGERY...great map i must say even with bots... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 30th Jul 1999, 09:57 PM   #6
prism

oops the map is called DMZeitkind, sorry for any confusion ... where can i find INF_Surgery ? in fact, is there a repository of INF maps ? (or is there one here and i missed it)
Old 30th Jul 1999, 11:09 PM   #7
Warren

Right now we're working on adding a nice little page to our Infiltration website that will contain each and every map specific to our mod, whether it be ment for Classic, DM, or StandOff mode. A lot of times we don't even know about maps that are created with Infiltration in mind, so if you happen to find one we don't have listed or are planning on/in the process of making one, let us know so we can give it that much more publicity! We should be finished with this by the middle of next week, if all goes right.
Old 31st Jul 1999, 02:33 PM   #8
Six

You guys are right about the game speed, it makes it more difficult. You have to get used to it, though.

However, each server admin should decide for himself how quick he wants to play. What is the best option for that? Setting the game speed factor up, setting to hardcore or turbo, or this other command someone posted here earlier?

Perhaps this is a nice option for its own: Standoff-Speed = {Slow|Classic|Deathmatch Speed|Turbo}

Six.

P.S.: Surgery is nice. I am just downloading this single player thing for Infiltration. Can't wait to try it.
Old 1st Aug 1999, 08:40 AM   #9
JediCatch

Nice!?!?! surgery rules!! Bone is awesome, man. I haven't played this Zeitkk... map, but you can expect it on the SOB server shortly!! If you guys like any other maps that aren't on there, let us know. And to the whole Inf team, if you want to test any maps out on our server or anything.. let us know. We are here to help!

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums
Old 1st Aug 1999, 12:00 PM   #10
Catalyst

Damnit, someone send me INF_Surgery. It is but a legend to me, passed down by generations of Infiltration minions. Ahem. Just send it, that would be great

chris@catalyticconversions.com
Old 1st Aug 1999, 12:12 PM   #11
JediCatch

I only have it in my cache folder, but it is on the SOB INF server if you want to download it. You can also check out the ftp site for it. It should be somewhere around in there. Go to http://chipweb.colorado.edu/UnrealSOB

------------------
[ Jedi Catch ]
SOB Clan and Jedi Forums