Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 7th Aug 1999, 09:26 PM   #1
Billdog

Idea: game modes+

How about:

Night operations (Infiltration by night), why not?

Charge (aka assault), by version 2.5!, the military conversion for Unreal.

Key point (ala domination), you have X key points and you score by holding them at say 7.00 hours, for an amount of time, by controling them all at one time, or watever the server is set to, not just the neat UT.

Soldier start (ala player start), substituting player starts in maps. Equiping players at spawn with weapon(s) and equipment. To make it more realistic (removing the gun/ammo-pile from the map, making combat ready players), and increase level designer freedom. Include posibility of 1-10 sec. invurnability and other nifties.

Now you reply like a nice Nettie and tell me how fare out I am.

Don't ask what Unreal can do for you, ask what it can do for me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 8th Aug 1999, 06:52 PM   #2
profit

Re: Idea: game modes+

Great ideas, especially the player start...

For there to be any kind of realism you have to drop into the map locked and loaded, the only other sources of ammo/weapons being dead people/ REALISTIC locataions on the map... (storage lockers etc)... not just lying in piles in the middle of the field

Profiles?

I think this feature would set INF even further ahead as the best and most realistic mod out there.
Old 8th Aug 1999, 08:03 PM   #3
JediCatch

Re: Idea: game modes+

I like these. This is, in my opinion, a great idea. To have different groups, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Everyone could choose individual classes on a team to make a perfects special ops team. I agree about weapon placement, but that is up to the map makers. I have seen some that use similar ideas to what you are talking about. For clasic mode, the attacking force could get guns from crates dropped from planes and the defending force could get theirs from an armory.

[ jedi.catch ]