Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 13th Aug 1999, 06:23 PM   #1
VertigoMan

Weapon Idea

You know those .44 revolvers? Sure ya do! How about putting one of those in a future version with a scope on it! Or a .357 with a silencer, (yes its possible, watch the movie Magnum Force), Or for those stealth occasions, a blowgun with toxic darts!
Old 13th Aug 1999, 08:24 PM   #2
RaekwoN

Re: Weapon Idea

Hey those are good ideas, except for the blow gun one, not exactly standard military issue.

Perhaps instead maybe a silencer modification for the Beretta, or make a new .22 silenced pistol like in Delta Force.

Hey that's an awesome idea.
I'm going to go model that now I think...
Old 13th Aug 1999, 10:32 PM   #3
JediCatch

Guys, first off: you should word things differently if you want a better chance at having them done. Like ASK them to CONSIDER putting a .44 in future releases instead of TELLING them to.

As far as it being possible to do something because it was in a movie... !?!? Need I say more??

------------------
[ jedi.catch ]
Old 14th Aug 1999, 05:47 PM   #4
InCuBuS

yea blowgun isn't very military, I must agree, maybe something else : when you get hit in the legs you run slower, in the arms you aim harder, realistic wounds, that would be cool as well I think?
Old 14th Aug 1999, 06:28 PM   #5
Catalyst

All these things are planned for Infiltration 3.0 which is planned to be for Unreal Tournament. If we can pull all this stuff together in a solid package 3.0 should be quite a treat.
Old 14th Aug 1999, 06:31 PM   #6
Catalyst

One other thing: Classic mode needs to change. I just don't think the idea of one side playing against the clock is fair, and it is really hard to balance this with a map.
SO, what do you guys think should change with Classic mode. Whatever it is, both sides need to have the same objective probably. This ensures balance. But we want to stay away from CTF...someone help me out here [img]/infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif[/img]
Old 14th Aug 1999, 08:51 PM   #7
Stallion

Maybe a variation of CTF, cough*TF*cough. Maybe you could also have it where you need to bring the CDs to a central data center. This way, there would be three places of battle, with the mutual section being the most heated. Just a thought...or maybe you could do a prison type mod where it is the above mode with a Quake2 Jailbreak-ish gameplay.

------------------
Chris "Stallion" Lambert
Webmaster at Mod Central
stallion@planetunreal.com