Incredible Job Guys!! and a question....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
N

Nemesis

I just gotta say, great job on an incredible mod guys. Right on!!! My question is, I'm interested in messing around with Unreal, but having no previous editing experience, I'd like to know (if anybody out there would like to take the time to help an idiot) what do I need to be familiar with BEFORE I go screwing around with Unreal? Thanks for any help..

------------------
okay, explain it to me like I'm a 2 yr old....

C

Catalyst

What kind of editing are you interested in? Programming or map making?

F

farrp

Don't mean to bud in, but I tryed mapping and found that I have no artistic talent. But iv'e taken a few programming classes in school and I'm about to start tinkering with unreal code. (maybee) Can you give me any advice or a great site that would help a novice like myself?

Thanks in advance for any reply /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

C

Catalyst

My only real advice would be that if you haven't already learned object-oriented programming (C++/Java) to do so. I learned it backwards (Unrealscript then Java) but I can say that Java is very very similar to Unrealscript. Or you can just be like me and dive into the code and see how they make the objects in Unreal do what they do... If you like learning by example this is probably the best way since all the code is right there.