Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > General Infiltration Discussion

Old 11th Nov 1999, 10:55 PM   #1
Daguer

Others weapons choice

For the balance of the Mp5, what about a real Chain gun (Like the Vulcan) difficult to control, difficult to aim
and the magnum revolver, from half life (Python) the two weapons are missing for a perfect mod :P keep the great work guys! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11th Nov 1999, 11:30 PM   #2
RaekwoN

Re: Others weapons choice

Hey welcome to the Infiltration Forum.
Please go to the Infiltration Roadmap and read it, very carefully. It lists all the planned improvements. Your suggestions are more than welcome.

Are you aware of Version 3, which will be for UT. Based on your question it seems that you don't realise that there will be no further improvements made for Unreal.
Old 12th Nov 1999, 04:58 AM   #3

I don't know! A Spec Ops team with a 6-shot revolver. .....naaaah! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There will be stationary weapons in Infiltration V3 (it'll be for Unreal Tournament -> improved engine)
I suppose you read the roadmap, o.k.?
Old 12th Nov 1999, 10:33 AM   #4
Billdog

How about a 5 shot revolver then?
A gatling? I can feel the flight simulator already, without anything but a BIG gun.
Old 12th Nov 1999, 10:49 AM   #5

The Minigun (and its drive) alone weighs 33 lbs (15kg). As the gun is electrically powered, you would need to have the battery pack along with it (where's the wall plug is this game! Ha!) And you would have to carry all that ammo, as in rounds to the 1000's. Its just not realisitic to have a single person, or even a non-mounted (recoil is another issue altogether) version of the weapon.
CC

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 11-12-1999).]
Old 12th Nov 1999, 03:47 PM   #6
Warren

lol- we'll just solve most of those problems with an Infiltration style 9mm gatling! And you can tote around a little red wagon full of ammo... now we're getting somewhere..

Seriously, those weapons are pretty, but the only place I see them going in Inf, realistically, is a turret, but that would be awkward altogether with rotating barrels.. I used to work on the M61 Vulcan 20mm gun for the F16- I couldn't imagine carrying a small version!
Old 13th Nov 1999, 04:48 PM   #7
Billdog

Warren you carried a big one, what is the trouble carrying a small one now?
So you feel the flight simulator to.
Old 13th Nov 1999, 09:34 PM   #8
Warren

lol- more than I should [img]/infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif[/img]