Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 28th Mar 2000, 11:01 PM   #1
Vulpine

Any of you Infiltration junkies every try paintball??

It seems to me that anyone who is really into fps type games would get a kick out of paintball. Its the most fun you can have wearing pants.
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 12:11 AM   #2
Mr. T

Re: Any of you Infiltration junkies every try paintball??

It sounds fun, but that would require me to get up out of this chair and leave the house. But I've heard others talk about it.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 01:40 AM   #3
ShakKen
Specops Spook

I'm an Airsofter myself=)
ShakKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 10:14 AM   #4
Vulpine

I've never tryed airsoft. Is it played the same way as paintball?
Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 10:26 AM   #5
ShakKen
Specops Spook

Think of it as paintball with fully automatic weapons=)

6mm BBs don't stain clothing, but they sting. If you're hit, it's a matter of honesty that you 'drop dead'. The best thing is that you don't have to worry about paint of your gear between skirmishes. Allot of paintballers hate airsoft though.
Old 29th Mar 2000, 08:17 PM   #6
Cap'n Beeb
Banned

I played a little over the weekend, and got shot in the ass [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I couldn't sit down for at least 2 days! Believe me, when you get shot there, you STAY down!

------------------
Shoplifters will be beaten, stabbed, and stomped. Survivors will be prosecuted.
Cap'n Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 09:20 PM   #7
Corin

I play paintball quite abit actually, I have eight guns. All pistols, 10+1 we bring reloads with us and mostly play assault type games although an occasional CTF is quite fun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Airsoft hurts a hell of alot more than paintballing, even if you dont' get paint on your clothes, I would not want to take a shot in the balls.

Me and my friends used to run around with those Daisy air rifles and shoot each other, its alot of fun, but painful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I shot one guy in the knee once while he was running top speed, it looked just like the movies where the guy dives sideways and shoots people. Damn that was funny, he had a bigass bruise on his knee afterwards. [img]/infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif[/img]
Corin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Mar 2000, 10:12 PM   #8
DeadeyeDan[ToA]
de oppresso liber

Have you been shot by an airsoft gun? They are much lighter than paintballs, even though they don't break I'd say they hurt just about the same amount as a paintball, maybe a little less.
DeadeyeDan[ToA] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2000, 01:31 AM   #9
ShakKen
Specops Spook

6mm BBs sting like crazy. But are probably less dangerous than paintballs. Of course, here we play with out guns limited to a maximum muzzle-v of 130 meters per second. Some crazy assholes play with 230 mps capable guns and metal pellets. Those are likely to put a hole through your testicles.

Daisy air rifles are not considered Airsoft BTW. Airsoft guns use 6mm BBs. Air rifles use 4.5mm ball bearings.

I suppose you could say you feel more pain more in airsoft. Not because individual shots are more painful, but because you usually get hit by a dozen pellets every time you 'die'.

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 03-29-2000).]
Old 30th Mar 2000, 01:37 AM   #10
Mr. T

I think I'll stick to my FPS games. They don't hurt at all. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2000, 09:02 AM   #11
INF_Neo
Infiltration Sound Engineer

/me falls from the chair
INF_Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2000, 05:48 PM   #12
Kibbles-N-Bits

Im not into pain... UT is less pain... unless you have CTS like me [img]/infopop/emoticons\icon_redface.gif[/img](
Kibbles-N-Bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2000, 09:17 PM   #13
Corin

Heh, nope, daisy definitrly do not qualify as airsoft guns, I wouldn't know if they hurt alot, as I have never been shot with a metal BB luckily. Airsoft pellets though, ouch. Maybe it is the relatively small area that is being affected that makes it sting so much? Because I have noticed that paintballs leave bruises, but only sting for a couple of minutes after being shot, whereas airsoft guns just sting alot, and for a pretty long time too.
Corin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2000, 01:32 AM   #14
Toysrme
I love college... UA ROCKS

played both have i? why yes!

i like paintball better
we have a kickass place on the otherside of town, it's a 14 acer outside, it's got nam, korea, arden(spelled?) afew others, those are the 1s ti personaly like.

we also have an indo place in the middle of town, it's not as good but it's cheaper.

basicaly it's a warehouse with between 2 feet and 1 inch of sawdust on a concrete floor. it's got large rooms built in, and cover is provided via stacks of tires. the tires are rotated every other week to ensure the beest amount of ware across the tire

no j/k=)

heh it's so they can stay in bis w/o getting tired of it. btw they play the soundtrack to goldeneye accross loudspeakers. it set's the mood perfectly(get's old tho very quickly)
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2000, 01:35 AM   #15
Toysrme
I love college... UA ROCKS

played both have i? why yes!

i like paintball better
we have a kickass place on the otherside of town, it's a 14 acer outside, it's got nam, korea, arden(spelled?) afew others, those are the 1s ti personaly like.

we also have an indo place in the middle of town, it's not as good but it's cheaper.

basicaly it's a warehouse with between 2 feet and 1 inch of sawdust on a concrete floor. it's got large rooms built in, and cover is provided via stacks of tires. the tires are rotated every other week to ensure the best amount of ware across the tire

no j/k=)

heh it's so they can stay in bis w/o getting tired of it. btw they play the soundtrack to goldeneye accross loudspeakers. it set's the mood perfectly(get's old tho very quickly)

btw airsofter... naaa my limit is frozen paintballs with gunz at max pressure, that only leaves large bruses(i got shot by a ricoche(spelled) when i had my helmate off in a safe zon... bout knocked my ass out. by god i sat the next round out
Toysrme is offline   Reply With Quote