Looks like Epic dropped the ball again...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
Those stats really surprise me. I'm amazed that Half-Life is still going so strong... great game though /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shame about UT... I recon it's caused by a combination of being a young game compared to the others plus setting up a server with UT can be one hell of a nightmare at times.

ukliam3.gif
boldblue.gif
boldlblue.gif
boldpurple.gif
boldred.gif
bounce.gif
ukliam2.gif

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"[/quote]

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Half-life, and Quake 2 doesn't surprise me. A few pretty successful mods have been well established on the net for those engines.

I'm a little surprised Q3 is dominating UT to that extent though. I suspect it will even out a little more once a few mods get out.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Me no happy no more /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Me likey UT! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

*Sniff*!!!

INF must come out soon! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

*Sniff*!!!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_
Elite Sniper

Loyal to INFILTRATION
As Long as I live!

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
pff, who cares how many more servers they have? Look at how many people are playing! I havent been on the net on any given day and been unable to GET into a freaking server. I agree that UT is kinda hard to get working right as a server, but does this gap in servers really make that much difference?

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
Well as CS has more servers than any game on the net really says something, I personally think that CS/TFC has saved the aging HL engine and enabled them to continue to put out edition after edition, ultimately you cannot deny the impact of that mods effect, topped by the fact that HL is a great game.

The other issues is that the average users isnt running high end althlons and PIII, they are playing games that dont stress the system so hard, hence the Q2 and HL stats.

But, its clear that a mod (ahem-ahem) can turn it around, and with the features that INF is adding in, it will be a totally differente game.

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/