Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > Off Topic

Old 20th Sep 2000, 01:10 PM   #1
Robertson
MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain

A question for the Uzi enthusiasts!!

Just to settle an argument among some colleagues at work. In what year (roughly) did the IMI Mini-Uzi become availible, both in use within the U.S Secret Service and Black Market?

Thanks for anyone that can help with this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2000, 07:00 PM   #2
Robertson

The argument is still raging.

So far two of them say that it came out in the early nineties, but most of us (myself included) are sure that it was more like 1984/85 or around that time.
Despite searching the web and asking some of our friends that are still in the forces no-one really knows!!

The reason why this argument started was that one of our team wanted to create a map that was themed for around 1984 - with period decoration and custom prefabs (including a Red Lamborghini that plays the miami-vice theme on its radio). For authenticity he wanted to include weapon restrictions for that year in the map too, but seemed to think that the Mini-Uzi didn't exist back then, thus starting the whole thing.

Sorry for being a pest, we just thought that some of you might be able to shed some light on this puzzle for us.

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Robertson on Sep 21, 2000 at 09:06.]
Old 21st Sep 2000, 02:55 AM   #3
Lance201

uzi.... oh man

I had to live with this bitch during my whole military time (not the mini of cause but several types of the normal one) and I hate this thing! Because of the missing safetyswitch we had a lot of accidents... falling down and ... one stack out ... sometimes in buildings... sometimes in a truck... but good luck no one got hurt by this "weapon". btw. some of them had a wooden butt looked really ****ty!

LCPL TWENTY
Lance201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2000, 03:09 AM   #4
-Mayhem-
-Godlike-

Are you talking about the UZI
-Mayhem- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2000, 03:35 AM   #5
-Mayhem-
-Godlike-

OR are you talking about some other gun?
-Mayhem- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2000, 09:12 AM   #6
Robertson

Yes I remember that - the original versions of the Uzi that were released had that pug-ugly wooden stock instead of the metal slide-out one. It made it harder to store and/or carry around - especially in a cramped truck or APC.

Some of my colleagues prefer the Cobray (later the MAC) subs like the MAC-10 and 11/9, but overall I still feel that the more expensive but far more superior MP5 series was far better - the slower ROF made it more accurate/easier to aim for a start.

Heheheh, better be careful before I get bitched at for digressing. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 21st Sep 2000, 10:35 AM   #7
ShakKen
Specops Spook

We had the metal folder modified to fire from a closed bolt. No problems with it.

ShakKen
Infiltration
3D artist
ShakKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2000, 11:37 AM   #8
Lance201

UZI

I didnĀ“t like it but I love the history of this weapon, and the way it works, only a few parts and the princip of the "Masseverschluss" sorry but I only know the german word. I remember that firing this thing at the trainingrange was very funny, because if you fire a burst of for example ten shots may be... only one or two shots hit the target.. the rest was gone over it or to the right site.

LCPL TWENTY
Lance201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2000, 04:09 PM   #9
Robertson

Found a site with 'some' info about the mini uzi, including a small pic, but again there's no release date on when it came out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

http://www.remtek.com/arms/imi/uzi/mini/miniuzi.htm

[/IMG]

Oh well.