News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Mapping

Old 29th May 2000, 11:10 PM   #1
JerkyLerky

Ok, i need some people to playtest my level... its been in the works for a while and there's a playable beta now... grab it @ www.unreality.org/nukefus/dm-animalistic.zip

get it, test it and email me your comments. need comments on flow, connectivity, weapons/item placement.

------------------
JerkyLerky R' Us
JerkyLerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 02:47 AM   #2
Clanless][

D/Led, proceeding to playtest

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>When upset, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, yet only 4 to extend your middle finger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Clanless][ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2000, 03:04 AM   #3
Clanless][

Arrow

Okie, played your map.
Fine job on architecture, simple and well executed. Lighting was fine, excellent texturing, and ambient sounds were there.
The elevators bothered me, as they blended in to the floor and didn't particularly look like anything special. Also, they have no means of rising they just kinda float up...no sound either. Put some air puff sound or something that makes it realistic and believable and they'll be good.
For some reason, on one side the little bolt thingy on the three support beams in the ceiling was misplaced.
The placement of the super shock rifle was nice, I'll enjoy being the only person capable of getting up there
If I would do anything to the map, I'd put some walls up there where the super asmd is, and then clip the smaller windows around the perimeter of the arena. Maybe also I'd put a goo gun in the very center, but thats just my personal taste

Good job, hope to see it up online sometime.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>When upset, remember that it takes 42 muscles to frown, yet only 4 to extend your middle finger.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 30th May 2000, 03:15 AM   #4
JerkyLerky

Thanks for the comments.. how did you find the super asmd? cheat? or did you actually find out how to get it? what about the shield belt? find it

JerkyLerky R' Us
Old 30th May 2000, 03:20 AM   #5
JerkyLerky

What do you mean by clipping the smaller windows? And which bolt generator thing do you mean? They look fine to me...

JerkyLerky R' Us
Old 30th May 2000, 03:27 AM   #6
Clanless][

the bolt is nothing its just misaligned on one side..i meant like a steel rivot
didnt find the shield belt...
I just did an ih jump off of the wall after an antigrav boots jump and i was up there