Couple new mod ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tassadar

Mar 5, 2000
www.geocities.com
Just a couple ideas I had for some new mods, etc...

"Classical" weapons mod-from various timeperiods
-Colt Peacemaker revolver
-Tommygun
-Springfield .45
-Flintlock pistol
-portable Gatling gun
-"Pepperbox" (fires 6 shots simultaneously)

Medieval/Fantasy Weapons mod
-broadsword
-battleax
-mace
-longbow
-crossbow
-slingshot
-pike
-magical staff
-dragon head (shoots flames)

Models- some new character models/skins I'd like to see (but I'm an idiot and can't make them, sorry)
-Lara Croft
-Marine, Ghost, Hydralisk, Infested Terran, Zealot, Dark Templar, High Templar from Starcraft
-Halflife characters (aliens especially)
-"Alien" from the movies
-Imperial Stormtrooper

Ok that's about it from my messed up brain catcha later!

------------------
A cruise missile outweighs all the treaties in the world.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
hmm, if you didn't notice, this is the Infiltration forum where there is a mod in progress that includes new realistic modern weapons and new modern gameplay modes. There will be no consideration for anything unrealistic or that is way off the target theme.

not to be a bitch, but you should know that there is nothing that you mentioned that will be even considered at this point in time.

Post this in some general mod forum and then someone might follow up on your ideas.
There, I'm done belittling your comment /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh and even if your weapon ideas were current realistic ideas, they probably wouldn't have been considered because they have enough at this time.

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

G

Don't worry guys, I'm working on converting the Inf team to accept some older-style guns for possible future implementation (emphasis on FUTURE; don't hold your breath). Personally I think running around with a PPSh-41 and a 71-round drum mag full of 7.62x25mm at 900 rpm would be pretty damn fun. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Infiltration Firearms QA Consultant

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

G

Don't worry guys, I'm working on converting the Inf team to accept some older-style guns for possible future implementation (emphasis on FUTURE; don't hold your breath). Personally I think running around with a PPSh-41 and a 71-round drum mag full of 7.62x25mm at 900 rpm would be pretty damn fun. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

G

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Try Gryphon, try..
I really hope there will be an add-on with some older weapons - just don't forget to post if you need some ideas(hell also post if you don't need anymore, I'd just like to contribute the one or the other gun..)
The PPSh would be a nice idea, although, AFAIK the 71.round drum mag was quite likely to jam..
How about an M1 carbine, No5 Enfield, FN HP..
oops, already making suggestions..

Persuade them Gryphon!!

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Soldier

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
I'd stick with modern weapons-MP5s, M-60, miniguns, MAC-10s, etc. and future weapons-Pulse rifles, Ballistic machine guns(just a guess), etc. I truly don't think there will be plasma guns and laser cannons but you never know.

------------------
*knock* *knock* whose there. The police open up. Be right there, hey your not cops!!!! *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*.

[This message has been edited by Soldier (edited 03-16-2000).]

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that even if the technology to make "laser guns" useable for a foot solider, they wouldn't be as effective as todays typical "projectile" weapons. ( at least with human targets )

One example they pointed out was, imagine a wound from a laser beam. It would be a perfect straight line through the body. There would be no disruption of the organs, no internal bleeding, heck the wound would be cauterised (sp) so even the chance of infection would be dramatically lowered.

if your intrested here's the link for the full story.
http://web.qx.net/warcat/MilSF/Weaponry.htm