Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 27th Mar 2000, 01:55 PM   #1
TerOmen

Cars

I'm sure you guys have thought of this, but it seems to me it should work.

Why not for cars, model each tire seperately and give them coding to be like players. So each tire lays level on the ground. That way the physics are very realistic.

Would this work? Like leave the camber very high so a Hummer or whatever could go over fairly rough terrain.
TerOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2000, 02:45 PM   #2
INF_Neo
Infiltration Sound Engineer

Re: Cars

Why do we need cars???
INF_Neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2000, 03:42 PM   #3
Warren
Infiltration Project Coordinator

It might be a feasible idea, but not a high priority for the game right now. Our programmers have enough to do at the moment.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.
Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2000, 08:57 PM   #4
ZoMbiE

I want to see driveable HMMWV with room for passengers and the M2 mounted in back. And I want to see some realistic war-style maps, Haven't seen too many of those around, just that future or city based crap.

------------------
I am the Creature of the Night
ZoMbiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2000, 11:20 PM   #5
Mr. T

Try requesting for some more realistic war-style maps in the mapping discussion category. Or just wait to see what's released with 3.0
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2000, 11:22 PM   #6
Bad.Mojo
Commander in Chief o' the BMA

I agree with two things: We don't need cars. This isn't Midtown Madness with Guns!(tm)

The other thing is I'd like to see more battle field maps. Trenches, mortar holes, foxholes, all that jazz. zombie's right, alot of stuff today is just urban operations or some slightly convoluted somehow futuristic thing. I don't want plasma coils on a train or sinking a ufo, those seem to detached from reality. I'd like to see strictly stuff you hear about on CNN or something. Bombed out cities. Desert planes. Midnight trench warfare, tracer rounds penetrating the darkness.
Bad.Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2000, 12:10 AM   #7
Mr. T

I requested a trench warfare map the other day, and someone just replyed with, "A map like that would lag too much". or something. Anyway, I know what he meant, but I still think it could be done without lagging down your whole machine. And boy that would be cool.
Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2000, 12:56 AM   #8
Bad.Mojo
Commander in Chief o' the BMA

Real trenches were deep enough that they were probable about a man-and-a-half deep at their deepest, and even more so if they weren't on low-lands. I said deep alot. That said, it would be very easy to create portals for the trenches, and their offlying areas (ammo dumps, machine gun nests)

Keep in mind alot of trenches connected to subterranean tunnels entire. It would be very cool to see a whole hillside-to-plain trench warfare scenario. The attacking team has to route their way through trenches, and the defending team has pillboxes and machine gun nests, mortar turrets and bunkers. Operation Overlord, again - attacking against all odds. The attacking team would have to cross a grassy flatland, and take the subterranean hillside fort over by securing the command post. I wish I had mapping skills now. Its pretty bad when you understand all the concepts of mapping, and how to make intricate maps without slowdown, but you're to retarded to grasp the interface of UnrealEd cause it just looks like a bunch of niggly little lines to you. I read every tech spec their was on the engine and the code. Now if only I had any skills whatsoever other than a hyperactive imagination. =)
Bad.Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote