beretta should do more damage

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
ok i'm a newbie... and i asked something which was in the roadmap.. i asked about adding a feature of a mod of half- life [i DON'T say the name ;-)] - but i'm not a bad person.. and i have one more suggestion: the beretta should make more damage because the current setting is unrealistic... i think so... ok i hope you can give me an answer to that without punchin' me to the ground
thanx

-you run away... but i'm 2 fast...-

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Well, in past instances people have charged at police with a weapon and taken over 8 hits from 9mm handguns and they kept charging.

And 2.71 is by no means the final word in terminal ballistics, they've said they are working on ballistics a little 2.8... and as you can see at Gryphon's ammo listings there will be multiple types of 9mm ammo- the jacketed hollowpoints will do more damage to flesh, but the full metal jacketed rounds will pierce armor easier, etc.

[This message has been edited by DeadeyeDan[ToA] (edited 04-07-2000).]

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I actually agree with reaper. (Not that I'm saying your a turdburglar or anything, reap.) But the 9mm should be more powerful. While people may have charged at police and been fired at almost ten times and still charged is because they are a) really very stupid or b) incredibly stoned, both of those will lead to the ability to do that. Most people think, okay, the cop has shot me x amount of times and he's not going to stop, I have a pretty good chance of dying. And then they'd take a fall. But morons and hopheads keep running...

"Wheeeee!!! I'm the wind..!"

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Basically, yea... though I would replace "morons" with "bloodthristy weirdos" that just want to spill some cop's blood before they die. But you still shouldn't have to make the guy *decide* to fall down, you should incapacitate him.

Until now I had forgotten that I played with the damage set to 250% (sorry)... so if I capped the guy enough in the chest with the M9 and he didn't have armor he'd probably go down. Now that I think about it all the guns should be about 250% of what they are now (for chest shots), give or take, in most cases nobody should be living through a 7.62x51mm FMJ to the chest, much less 2 or sometimes 3.

But I'm sure they already have all this covered... *runs off to drool over the ammunition page some more*

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Well, I really think location based damage should be reworked, so left centre chest = instant kill (heart piercing) inner thighs = not instant, but garaunteed (artery) throat = same deal, head = instant, knees = crippled, arms = crippled, feet = crippled.

Enough crippling and you die from blood loss. Of course, you could make it a lot more complex than that, but that's the gist of it.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Oh boy, I woudn't want to be the one doing that programming job...
sarcblink.gif

could be fun thought!

------------------
--- Geogob ---
The only way out is the C4 way

Bad.Mojo

Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Angelina Jolie has an obsession with tattoos, knives for sexual pleasure, and bisexuality because she can. I have an obsession with Angelina Jolie because I can.

I think I'll become her official stalker...

to her discredit, though, she was in the movie h4xX0rz.

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
25 damage per hit is alittle unrealistic, but a headhot is instant kill. besides. if you up'ed it it'd make everything else unrealistic and the game unbalanced.

imagine a mp5 that can killk with 3 hits instead of 4. then u'd ahe to make the m16 in 2 hits. shotgun would have more damage so on so forth just to rebalance the game.

personaly i don't care much 4 the m9, never been a great shooter, but i practiceed with it last week and now i score 3x the kills with it i use 2.
(btw the 2.6 m9, i kinda like the new m9, heh easy kills with it)

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Well, I think we should go with the SAS takedown reports. 2 to 4 rounds and your deadmeat Sucka! (read using MR. T voice) /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But what determines balance? What specifically defines that? The weapons should be based on realism, period. (i.e. the SAS takedown reports, or whatever the hell other stats you can conjure up, to help accurately represent the highest level of realism obtainable)

Basically, all the MP5s and any other weapons with close relative power, or with exceeding power, should be pretty damned effective with 2 to 4 round bursts. The m9, in that case, should only take around 4 directly hit rounds to down the target. And if that doesn't kill the target, it should pretty much f*ck the poor SOB up to a good level of incapacitation. Hell, after the first two direct hits, I'd expect some serious injury to take place. Kevlar would decrease the likelyhood of death or severe injury, of course. Also, and this is very important as well as obvious...it should heavily depend on hit location.

What I'm saying is, does it matter how powerful the weapon is on paper, when almost all of those present in this game are capable of sending a round through your heart, or am I wrong about this? Obviously when Kevlar is introduced into the equation, armor piercing rounds should be more effective. Oh, and don't forget, when Mr. T is introduced into the equation, everything becomes more effective. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mr. T (edited 04-09-2000).]

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Grin Reaper: No military unit trains that way and the SAS is no exception. It's always a short burst, center mass.

And btw, there is no such thing as a HK 54. Also, the SAS only uses one trigger group on all their HK weapons it's called 'SEF' and has no 3-shot burst option.

Grin Reaper

Apr 17, 2000
www.lemoorenet.com
An H&K Model 54 is an MP5.
Heckler and Koch develop their firearms (exception for pistols) in a numbering system.

The number in H&K 69 also means something:
The 1st digit (6) means that it is a grenade launcher, but it is not one that can be attached to an assault rifle, etc.
The 2nd digit (9) means that it fires a 40mm shell.

Below is a little study guide...
-FIRST DIGIT-
1 - Machinegun, fed by magazine
2 - Machinegun, fed by belt
3 - Rifle, selectable fire mode, fed by magazine
4 - German market paramilitary rifle
5 - Submachine gun
6 - Grenade Launcher
7 - Grenade Launcher, weapon add-on
9 - Semiautomatic rifle, fed by magazine

-SECOND DIGIT-
1 - 7.62 x 51mm
2 - 7.62 x 39mm
3 - 5.56 x 45mm
4 - 9 x 19mm
5 - .50 BMG
6 - 4.6 x 36mm
9 - 40mm

So... an MP5 (or Model 54), is a submachinegun that fires 9 x 19mm calibur rounds.

The PSG-1, is actually a semi-automatic magazine fed rifle, or the H&K 91.

gr

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
You're lecturing ME about HK guns?

The SAS use mp5a2s and a3s, 10/a3s, ks and SD4s. They've been using them since the Mogadishu op which was more than a few years after the EXPERIMENTAL 54 was discontinued.

Since then, HK subamachineguns that fire handgun calibre ammunition have the machine pistol prefix(MP)

And still. 54's we're ONLY manufactured with SEF trigger groups. Being semi, full auto and safe.

The HKPRO website doesn't tell you all that fella.

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 04-19-2000).]