Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > Infiltration > New Version Suggestions

Old 29th Apr 2000, 02:13 PM   #1
Dr. Know

M2 .50 cal, Snipers, etc

I am sure you have thought about these things, but I didn't see them in the road map, so I will tell you.

M2 .50 cal: the shells are coming out of the wrong place!!! you have the bits of the links coming out the right place, but the shells should also be coming out of there.

Sniper Rifles: I dont think it is any fun to have such accurate rifles. You should have gravity and wind effect the bullets more so sniping takes skill, not just clicking on the enemy.

In my oppininon the weapons are too small when you are holding them, mostly the M16 and MP5. They look like toys.

Sorry if you have already talked about these things, Dr. Know
Dr. Know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2000, 07:50 PM   #2
DeadeyeDan[ToA]
de oppresso liber

Re: M2 .50 cal, Snipers, etc

There already is gravity effects on the bullet, you just can't notice it because most of the ranges you'd snipe at on UT maps are very short... and from that range it *should* be that easy. On most maps you can't even snipe, your just plinking... I'm hoping for a huge, realistic outdoor map from the INF guys so we can really have some challenging shots.
DeadeyeDan[ToA] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2000, 10:34 PM   #3
Gryphon
Weapons Tech

Re: M2 .50 cal, Snipers, etc

Dr. Know, the shells are ejecting from the correct place on the M2HB. They do NOT eject from the side port.

The point of a sniper rifle is to be accurate. No point having one if it wasn't. Bullet spread and drop will be modelled more in future versions. Keep in mind we are only on 2.75.

If we made the weapons any larger, they'd look ridiculous in the hands. We're not going to re-model and re-texture 10 weapons simply because they look a little small to someone. Sorry.

------------------
Gryphon
Technical Advisor
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Read the Roadmap and the FAQ.
Get the latest scoop on Inf munitions here.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote