beta of DM-FultonRL

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
OK, it's only about a week after I thought I'd get this far, but things like having a real job really slows things down.

This version is for Real-World/Infiltration only, so I'm interested in weapon placement and other such things.

My fave, btw, is 12 player team dm.

The link: http://www.inkless.com/DM-FultonRLb2.zip

(I travelled in time and updated this link, so it's the latest - reg/x/ - feb25)

[This message has been edited by RegularX (edited 02-25-2000).]

G

Nice improvements on the second beta, the benches are nice, and youve increased the realism a lot

The only thing that I crave is more cover in the map, I know it may not be like your office, but there are some big gaps were you are wide open. I think thats what youre trying to do whith the benches, but you can duck behind them.
CC

CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

G

Nice improvements on the second beta, the benches are nice, and youve increased the realism a lot

The only thing that I crave is more cover in the map, I know it may not be like your office, but there are some big gaps were you are wide open. I think thats what youre trying to do whith the benches, but you can duck behind them.
CC

CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Ducking == bad for any reason?

Yeah, I know, but that's really the max number of benches/desks I could put in without things starting to chug. They don't really affect anything until you start grouping it together. But, I agree, and I'm thinking I can get some crates in the two large rooms, and the dead end hallway (so it can at least be an ambush point).

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Just checked it out and 1 thing sprung to mind. Where's the wall art? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Another a few windows poking outside would be nice.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Wall art /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I've considered it. Also some more "trimmings" Bare walls is actually kinda uncommon at our place. Usually there is posters or something up.

The windows outside was one of my great letdowns. This map essentially a couple of huge subtract brushes, which makes creating a realistic outside hard. First map in UED remember, and I had one of those "oh sh*t" realizations. But I hear ya, and I'll start looking at possibilities.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
OK. new version. Sorry for the new filename, but the software developer in me believes in versions /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Changes:
*)All new texture changes
*)Added crates to the large 2nd floor room and dead end hallway
*)Re-arranged weapon placement a little. Added some.

I know there's some more. Wall art /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I think one crate is floating. But let me know what ya think anyway.
http://www.inkless.com/DM-FultonRLb2.zip

and if you didn't already download the real world textures, download the whole thing at
http://www.inkless.com/DM-FultonRLb2Full.zip

(this is uploading as I speak, actually, but should be OK by the time anyone reads this...)

Murdock

Feb 23, 2000
Texas
Visit site
This is odd. I've downloaded each version of this map (with the full textures), but I haven't been able to run it. I get a message that says, "Can't find file for package 'Urban.'" Everyone else has been able to run the map, I see, so I wonder what the problem could be. Here are the files I unzipped:

In my textures folder: jtex, fulton, a3text, Citytex, streetex, Urban2.

In my map folder: DM-FultonRLb2

Anything seem amiss?

Murdock

Feb 23, 2000
Texas
Visit site
No problem. It was because I'm new to Infiltration and didn't have the Bones texture pack. Just so you'll know, I also had to grab the Blade texture set from that pack to get the map to work. After that, it loaded right up. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Coffeycan just emailed me with the suggestion to put only the needed textures into fulton.utx. If anyone is having trouble downloading due to size, wait till tonight. I'll get the slimmed down version of b2 up then.

Sorry for all this. UED newbie, I be.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
New beta up, smaller size. One download. About half the size of the original.
http://www.inkless.com/DM-FultonRLb2.zip

(i know, should updated the filename. UED crashed 9 times while I was trying to rearrange the textures, so I felt lucky to save at all)

New changes:
1)Sounds added to doors
2)Some new texturing
3)A few brush fixes
4)Fake doors. Locked msg if you try and opend them
5)Music taken out
6)Some new windows
7)Minor bot-pathing fix

Download. Enjoy. Critique.

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
I will try the new version.. because the old one was to slow on my system PIII(500) V3. Hope it will get faster because the map is nice!

LCPL TWENTY

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Really?? Anyone else getting that kind of performace hit?

I've played on a PII/450 with a TNT2, at 800x600, occassionally I had a framerate drop, but never unplayable. I also tested it last night in software mode, and it seemed OK. CC, don't you usually test on a celeron?

Was there a particular place where the slowdown occured, Lance?

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
OK, to anyone betatesting, I'm really looking for feedback on:

1)Performance. Most important. If there really is a performance hit on most machines, I need to know pronto. My stats show that occasionally the FPS hits 20, but that's rare and usually fleeting. Poly count is generally low.
2)Cover. I can use the crates to provide additional cover in areas that need it. I think the new crates in the big room aid a lot, but can add a few more in here and there.
3)Spawn points. I know this sounds like a weird one at a beta4, but I play this level Team a lot. I like that the teams are intermingled, but I seem to get ambused sometimes by a strategically located bot.
4)Weapon placement

Hope you guys are enjoying it. I'm locked to a desk at work for most of this week, but I might make some minor changes tommorrow.