intro

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I've got 2 of these archived as answers.

-----------------
Fly By for Unreal
-----------------
These are the initials needed. 1 PlayerStart, 1 Trigger, several InterpolationPoint's, 1 SpecialEvent.

First, the PlayerStart should be near a Trigger. This is so that when the player enters the level he'll immediately activate the Trigger.

Second, the Trigger's Event needs to be set to the Tag of the SpecialEvent.

The SpecialEvent's Event needs to be set to the Tag of all the InterpolationPoints.
The SpecialEvent's Object=>InitialState needs to be set to PlayerPath.

Finally the InterpolationPoint's all need to have the same Tag.
Also the InterpolationPoint's InterpolationPoint=>Position setting should be set up sequentially starting from 0.

Now the trick part is whether you should change levels or loop. I say this because as far as I know there's no way of getting out of it without changing levels.

If you want to change levels place a Teleporter at the last InterpolationPoint and set it up appropriately.

Looping should be done automatically after the last InterpolationPoint has been touched.

-----------------------
Flyby for Unreal (2) (Same thing but said differently, so choose one)
-----------------------
The following assumes that you have a good understanding of how Unreal works, how to get to the properties windows, etc, etc, etc. It also assures you that I've never done this before and that I'm basing it off the Unreal.unr intro.

You need a SpecialEvent to start everything off.
Set it's Tag=Intro
Set it's Event=Path
Set it's InitialState=PlayerPath
Ok, that's set for now. We'll leave that as is.

Make a Trigger right below the PlayerStart so that he'll land on it when the map starts.
Set it's Event=Intro

Next setup all of the InterpolationPoints. Remember that they're directional so you have to point them in the right direction. When you got those setup select all of them.
Set their Tag=Path
We're not done with these yet. Under the InterpolationPoints properties in InterpolationPoint=>Position.
You have to set these up in a numerical step ladder (ie: it goes up a number each time).

Now when you get to the last InterpolationPoint this is where it gets screwbally. In theory it should stop but it doesn't. Instead it goes back to the very first point. I'm not sure how to fix that though without having you go into a new level.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
I'll be honest, I've never tried. The first one is mine and it's completely theoretical. People have told me it works though! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The second one is from Wolf and apparently that works to /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif